• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Urgent need of tow bar! My Deuce is broke near Seguin, Texas.

anjay22

For those of you in at/around Seguin, Texas. My propeller shaft exploded and my truck and trailer is stuck in Flatonia, Texas and I would like to borrow a tow bar to bring it home. I plan to leave in the morning to haul the trailer back with my little truck but I need a tow bar do drag the deuce home so I can get her fixed. Any takers willing to help a disgruntled, going back to school, furloughed railroader military veteran out? It would be very much appreciated :-D

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
How about pulling the busted driveshaft and using front wheel drive to get you home unless it was the jack shaft between the trans and the transfer, then a tow is a done deal.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
mkcoen has one of my spare towbars. He is in between San Antonio and Austin area. Near Canyon Lake. If you want to drive that far you are welcome to use it.

Last edited:

anjay22

Its the short shaft that goes from the transmission to the transfer case which makes front wheel drive a no go and yes she is safe, Thank you for asking.

Warhog I will send a PM if its ok...

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's why I asked and Warthog changed to the title. Help is reserved for roadside emergencies.

Thank you for the update.

archmark

If you haven't found a tow bar yet, I have one you can borrow, but I'm up Wacko way, so you'll have a 6 hour round trip at best. It's available if you need it...

Mark

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry wasn't available this afternoon. If you still need it tomorrow (Sunday) we can make arrangements to meet or you can swing by and pick up. Unfortunately I believe both mine and Warthog's are 3/4" pins not 1" but that should get you by if only going a short distance. PM'd OP my number.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tuning in late here....

I have a HEAVY tow bar (takes 3 gorillas to lift one leg at a time) made for the M-1 Tank and the appropriate feet for a Deuce.
245 miles NW of Seguin, TX and at least 4 hours out.

If you cannot locate one closer or more manageable Medium Tow Bar, then shoot me a PM.

John
San Angelo, TX

Last edited:

runk

If you want to come into downtown Houston, you are welcome to borrow mine. Note that most of the ACE hardware stores have good solid 1" OD, 3/4" ID bushings that are just the right length to use with 3/4" pins in the 1" holes.

Tornadogt

also late to the party but Call me if you need anything, Tow bars, or a complete Tow M936a2 ready to go.. (East Side of San Antonio) 1-210-394-2990

I also have parts trucks, I suppose I could just bring you a drive shaft..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks