• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Urgent Notice- GL at Ft Jackson, Eastover

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just wanted to let everyone know that Tim, the ONLY GL rep in the state of SC, is away for training. That means no previews and no pickups from Ft Jackson, Eastover, or Goose Creek for the next few weeks. Tim said he would be back the week after Labor Day.

Just wanted to let everyone know.

Chief_919

More crappy management from Government Liquidation. No previews will cut a lot of bidders out, and being unable to pick up for that long will piss off a lot of people.

When someone is going to be out like that, the right answer is send someone from another location to cover. Not Tims fault but it is his bosses fault.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
GL blows :deadhorse:

jwaller

tim was gone about a week for surgery(just 2 weeks ago) and it didn't cause any issues. I doubt this will either. he was gone the same amount of time last year for the exact same reason and no problems either.

DRMO at ft. jackson is closed anyway due to a rodent/pest issues anyway. maybe all of it will get fixed while he is gone.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
DRMO at ft. jackson is closed anyway due to a rodent/pest issues anyway. maybe all of it will get fixed while he is gone.
Are they over-run with POSSUM? If so, send in WM! :-D

Blythewoodjoe

It would only seem appropriate that my EUC would not clear before Labor day now aua.
I guess I shouldn't be looking for my paid invoice in my email for a few weeks. Just wondering though, if I have to remove my trucks with in 10 days of receiving my invoice, if on one is there to let me pick stuff up, do I get more days?

jwaller

just call the ph# in arizona or better yet do it thru the online chat with them and get a log of your comm's with them and ask them what to do. as far as I know there is no one who is a GL employee that can let equipment out the gate other than Tim.

Chief_919

tim was gone about a week for surgery(just 2 weeks ago) and it didn't cause any issues. I doubt this will either. he was gone the same amount of time last year for the exact same reason and no problems either.

For hobby buyers, I doubt it will cause any major issues.

For those who do this for a living, going several weeks with no ability to preview or pickup us extremely piss poor customer service from Government Liquidation. A hobby buyer can wait a few extra weeks with no loss. A small business buyer has cash tied up in merchandise that he now cannot take possession of because Governmnet Liquidation can't meet its obligation to facilitate the pickup.

****, there are sales events that now nobody will be able to preview. That is pure marketing genius! Yeah, I am kind of pissed myself because I had intented to preview said sales.

Once again, this is nothing bad about Tim, employees in any business will be gone for periods. This is all about Government Liquidation having inept management that is running things on a huge shoestring with one person trying to save money, and then not sending anyone to cover for him when he is away.

From the point of view of Government Liquidations obligations to the DOD, they also fail. An entity charged with selling government property has an obligation to get as much money for that property as they can, and running events where you can't preview or making it hard to recover purchases impacts sales.

They either need to hire him some help to cover when he is gone, or send someone from another location to cover he is gone if he is the only person who can do these things.

jwaller

For hobby buyers, I doubt it will cause any major issues.

For those who do this for a living, going several weeks with no ability to preview or pickup us extremely piss poor customer service from Government Liquidation. A hobby buyer can wait a few extra weeks with no loss. A small business buyer has cash tied up in merchandise that he now cannot take possession of because Governmnet Liquidation can't meet its obligation to facilitate the pickup.

****, there are sales events that now nobody will be able to preview. That is pure marketing genius! Yeah, I am kind of pissed myself because I had intented to preview said sales.

Once again, this is nothing bad about Tim, employees in any business will be gone for periods. This is all about Government Liquidation having inept management that is running things on a huge shoestring with one person trying to save money, and then not sending anyone to cover for him when he is away.

From the point of view of Government Liquidations obligations to the DOD, they also fail. An entity charged with selling government property has an obligation to get as much money for that property as they can, and running events where you can't preview or making it hard to recover purchases impacts sales.

They either need to hire him some help to cover when he is gone, or send someone from another location to cover he is gone if he is the only person who can do these things.
I agree in every aspect. if you don't like it you can always buy elsewhere. For all the reasons and more you have listed thats why I no longer buy from GL.