• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

USA6x6 Products and company

Status
Not open for further replies.

HUSA6x6

My Name is Daniel Little and I own USA6x6.com
For those of you that have a question or issue with usa6x6 please call the company directly 580-351-0600 or email at Sales@USA6x6.com ANYtime during business hours.

I see some stories on here that are unbelievable, internet stories that go unchallenged/unchecked to be believed as real. I will gladly respond to any question and or problem from ANY customer, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you for your time, -Daniel

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi Daniel,
Welcome to Steel Soldiers. Please feel free to respond to any criticism of your products or services. The net can be an unfair place sometimes and we want to give everyone their fair shake. Thanks for joining!
Chris

HUSA6x6

I would like to respond to the posts I have read that Some are true and most are not.

First I do not have time to follow someone who complains about something and does not contact USA 6x6. There are 1000+ boards out there and I simply do not have time if someone will not call or email us with a problem.

1st, If your boots showed up ripped, call us we will gladly replace them and file a claim, DONT INSTALL THEM. We sell thousands of these boots per year, and they are known allover as the best boots out there, I dont see how people can have a problem with them outside shipping damage??

On the brakes the guy posted about, those are at least 2 years old, we dont plasma the studs anymore. I do not believe that they are not installed and running fine now. Cosmetic issues, OK, functional issues, no, we have sent out 53 sets of those this year and NO complaints about performance. Surely SOME of those guys are here?

ALso as far as rims for the Dues's, if you want light weight shells call the other guy, he will charge $100 more per rim than we do, AND ours are military shells for military tires, slightly beat up but fully functional rims. Here is another member here with 14.5 R 20's and super singles, we do at least one of these a month, VERY nice conversion.

To round this out, if there is EVER a problem with anything we have sold or made please CONTACT us immediately, we always make it right with the customer. -Daniel USA6x6

Flatlander

This is the kind of thing I like to see! Even though it must be hard to respond to all negative feedback on the internet, it's still important...this is the medium that more and more people use to educate themselves, and spend money! Glad to see that an owner takes the initiative to defend a self built company.

RDDC2

Daniel,

Give me heads up on something when you check back on this thread - what is the lead time for the hummer wheel centers? Just curious if better to call you or order online. I will need four 6x5.5 (Toyota Pattern) hummer weld in centers - PM me if you like on a price and shipping to 27006 - residential addy - can give you a business addy if need be.

Thanks and welcome to the board....

Ryan

RDDC2

Just a little more insight...

I am a member of more offroad boards than I should be, but we do what we do :) - I have heard mixed reviews, but I haven't had any experiences with USA6x6, but will be ordering the wheel centers in the near future and would be glad to let everyone know that I had a great experience. Didn't mean to highjack this thread.....Carry On!!

Twinpinion

Sometime ago I ordered pinion brakes for my Rockwell axles from USA 6x6. The box was beat up when I got it but that is understandable considering the parts are heavy and the box is cardboard. Even the 20-30 lb bikes that I ship get hammered in shipping. I don't care how well you pack it. Shipping guys don't care, accept it. Anyway, I was really happy with the pinion brakes and thier performance. They performed better than I had ever hoped and I treated them poorly. However, like just about every aftermarket part I've ever dealt with I had to do a little clearancing for them to fit the way I wanted. No biggie. If you can't handle this kind of work then don't modify your rig. It's the nature of the beast. I would still order the same kit today if I needed another.

jatonka

I have purchased 5 sets of pinion brakes from Daniel and every one is perfect in my application. I use them as auxillary brakes on my Jatonka XM35_A4 conversion trucks. I retain the standard drum brakes at all 4 corners and add the pinion brake at the rear. Excellent quality materials and workmanship. We who deal with all of the public will from time to time have an unsatisfied customer. As long as Daniel, or I for that matter, are willing to make good on a problem, we are doing business with ethics. I will continue to buy from Daniel Little's USA6x6 truck. John Tennis

HUSA6x6

Thank you all for your honest input,

Issue#1 about the knuckle boots ripping, IF YOUR BOOTS SHOW UP AND ARE DAMAGED PLEASE CALL YOU WILL GET ANOTHER SET FOR FREE we will file a claim on fedex and they will come get the package and we will get refunded, all is well OK?

Responces from the other thread on the guy complaining about his 2 1/2 ton brakes

Issue #1 Not press fit studs,
They are Not supposed to press into the rotor they press into the hub which locks them down. and against the backside of the hub.

Issue #2 Plasma cut studs, we used to plasma cut the 25% off the backside with a plasma cutter, now we grind it off, it is only a small portion of the seat surface and does not effect the strenth of the stud on a tension load.

Issue #3 Missing the top of the retaining bolts and leaving the the top of the bolts too long, Shipping mistake. not acceptable. easily fixed.

Issue #4 .016" gap in the caliper support stand. the holes are laser cut and the welds are only there to retain the bolt that holds the caliper in place. They are not rotaional loads on the welds, just a tension weld to support the caliper. notice the bolt is still in the hole and the caliper would bolt on with No problems.

Issue 5: Grade 5 hardware is recommended by Webb Racing (THE DESIGNER OF THE ROTOR) for a rotational load the grade 8 is too brittle.

NOT ONE of these issues are functional, they are all cosmetic and they are a misunderstood product, we did however miss cutting the studs before shipping, AND I will still bet these are on a truck somewhere locking up 52's to the owners delight.
These rotors were designed and manufactured by webb brake company and we assemble them here. There are 50+ Sets on the road this year alone. Where are all these poeple in this thread? SURELY someone has to be here and just not posting OR they ALL dont come here??

Seal checking wheels, If we had enough issues with welds leaking I would figure out a test, we dont have enough. IF they have a leak (rare) if that happens I instruct the customer to put a small smear of silicon the backside,
FYI: All WIRE WHEELS on the road today are sealed with slicone.

M1075 I hesitated telling the whole story and all of you can look it up for yourself, I see 2 posts where he said "ALL OF MY WHEELS HAD TO BE REWELDED" also saw "14 OF THE 24 HAD TO BE REWELDED" I only remember 18 wheels total? Which is it? I see the picture where he posted a wheel with lots of bubbles, is that from the wheel weld or the "finger" we welded in? who knows? installation error or manufacturer defect? Look at the picture again and see the weld he let into the picture, they are tested at 80,000 pounds per square inch!
All I know is this,
CAll: "I need 3 sets of wheels for the dues at a volunteer fire dept, we dont have much money and want to trade tires for double beadlock wheels" "SURE for 90% tread tires ok?" I say

OK I took MONTHS to build the wheels, Like 6+ because they were a "when we get to it" project.

I get back to see the second load of tires only to find a Few 90% mostly 70-80% and a few 60-% OK fine, they will eventually sell for cheap, and its for a volunteer fire dept.

A month later I get a call from a past customer telling me my wheels and tires were on ebay! he wants to make sure I made them, and He buys those instead of ours. (better deal) Then I see M1075 say he sold both sets, Sure am glad I made 3 sets for a volunteer fire dept for three trucks and they didnt have much money. :roll: (nice 10x10 Hemmt)

Because Of M1075's picture (the first) on our website with supersingles we have since sold ALOT of tires and wheels to the Dues community, so it all worked out ok in the end.

HUSA6x6

ALL hummer press in centers are always in stock,
FedEx Ground® $26.76

RDDC2 said:
Daniel,

Give me heads up on something when you check back on this thread - what is the lead time for the hummer wheel centers? Just curious if better to call you or order online. I will need four 6x5.5 (Toyota Pattern) hummer weld in centers - PM me if you like on a price and shipping to 27006 - residential addy - can give you a business addy if need be.

Thanks and welcome to the board....

Ryan

mcinfantry

both sides???? jeepguy, wtf are you talking about. daniel has known issues with doing what he says. he says they will ship on time, they do not. he says the welds will hold air, they do not. he says they are tested round and true for runout, they do not.

he comes here and says all thats in the past. do i need to go back on the internet and pull dates and conversations where he says:
"i now have a laser cutter"
"i now have certified welders (as opposed to votec drop outs???)"
"i now have jigs for the wheels to make them true"
"i now have a welding ........." blah blah blah. on and on

if it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck then its a duck, or really wants to be a duck. i dont hate a fish for swimming or a bird for flying. it is what it is. i dont expect a different behavior.

i was MORE happy with some aspects of my second set of rims with daniel, than i was on the first, but other aspects were worse. i had to weld up holes on BOTH sets even after i told him about it. since the first set was piss poor i expected piss poor delivery dates and quality control. (guess what! the bird flew and the fish swam). I knowingly expected the same outcome. so i could be considered the idiot, but there was a method to my madness.

now daniel, before you jump in, im not mad, why whould i be? you performed as anticipated, i paid for you product and it met 100% of MY mediocre expectations. i did not expect perfect, true, airtight street legal wheels, and i in no way recieved them. i received what i paid for.

mcinfantry

jeepguy

1) i have not had my gag reflex surgically removed, and you are making me nauseous because you are constantly pimping daniel. i think you should offer to anyone on this board that buys a product from daniel that you so patently support, you will personally buy said product from them at DOUBLE retail if:
a) quality control sucks
b) he cannot deliver on a time frame greater than a 10% increase in quoted shipping.

both of those are easily controlled by the manufacturer, correct?????that way we can all see how daniel has changed in the 5 years you have been "watching him grow"

2) your caps are seriously annoying me. they do not usually do that, but some back checking has suprised me. i have gone back and you cannot give the same story on why you use all caps. therefore, your "suport" of USA6x6 is coming under scrutiny, since you seem to mimic some of his issues.

JEEPGUY said:
Yeah, sorry about that. I've just found that I cant type fast and put the proper caps where needed so I always left them on. :) (i'm just lazy) :)

sorry to anyone that finds it rude, It wasnt meant that way (yelling)
JEEPGUY said:
RMGILL
s*n*i*p*p*e*d* for length

MB4/94
s*n*i*p*p*e*d* for length

AND I'M SORRY ABOUT ASSUMING THAT YOU BOUGHT YOUR WHEELS AFTER SPICER. I SHOULD HAVE CHECKED BEFORE POSTING.

(sorry about the caps, I just seen this and I didnt wanna retype it)
JEEPGUY said:
HEY GUYS,
I WAS WONDERING SOMETHING.
(oops sorry about the caps)

will a m35 work to pull a 45 foot semi trailer ?

what I mean is, if i pull the bed off and put a 5th wheel assembly on it. I located one that came off of a 2.5 ton 6x6.

what are your guys thoughts on this ?

thanks in advance
JEEPGUY said:
Desert Rat said:
JeepGuy,

The caps are telling us you're SCREAMING at the top of your lung capacity. You might want to shut down the caps lock on your keyboard. Just a suggestion..

sorry desert rat, i seem to alway leave my caps on after logging in. all my passwords are in caps. (bad idea)
anyhow, sorry about that.

devilman96

aua Ya guys miss / forget my other post about this topic?

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index....opic&t=5405&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=40

pro·duc·tive (pro-duktiv)adj.

1. Yielding favorable or useful results; constructive.
2. Of or relating to a linguistic element or rule that can be used to form further examples of a particular feature or pattern.

Back to the pin hole / leaking weld thingo... I keep hearing this over and over. IMHO and speaking from the other side of the coin with experience in fab and production I can not see manufacturing a product designed to hold air, water, fluid, etc and letting it go out the door with out pressure testing it. Its not a matter of one a month or one a day its just the concept of not performing such a simple and easy self check in the process that would seem to clear up and even out a lot of customer complaints. Not to mention it pushes your guys welding to perform better as a result of seeing their efforts and mistakes first hand vs. someone else hearing them over the phone from a mad customer. I don't mean this in the aspect of a manager getting on an employee... but in the aspect of peers trying to keep their own mistakes to a minimum because no one in the shop wants to be "that guy" on that day or week... Its a bit of healthy competition and actually speeds and improves production.

A jig for wheel testing is not a big deal to fab up nor is the process of performing the task... Realistically your looking at 1500 -2000$ in materials and 2 3 days in labor to build. If the jig is built right the actual testing process only takes an additional 2-3 minutes of material handling to preformed and would do any size wheel assembly.

As for silicone... Yes... wire wheels use silicone around the spoke rig but it is also applied by the manufacture, not the consumer and pressure tested before beign sold... I also don't agree with the concept of falling back on such a method as a fix for what is a production flaw, If I bought a fish tank and took it home to find a leak I would take it back and get another. A weldiment designed to retain a product beign air, water or whatever should be able to retain that product with out being patched or pieced especially by the consumer. As I said before were idiots and your placing your reputation on that fact. Another twist is not all silicones are made to be used on steel or metal products... Standard silicones solid in hardware stores will draw moisture which causes oxidation.

Any thing I have ever built for anyone else other than myself makes me shoot for "idiot proof" and usually fall between there and "idiot resistant" when done... You have to account for someone else mistakes and stupidity as a manufacture. Some of the guys in here have the "ability" to weld, some have great talent at it but over all most do not have the means or the knowledge so fixing a goof "permanently" so it is an huge issue for them... A consumer whom just bought, shipped, painted or powder coated, assembled and mounted their wheels is going to naturally be pissed off mad if they have to start over from the finishing process forward or dismount and disassemble everything to smear silicone on the inside of their tubeless wheels... I know I would be.

I am sure that to you the pin hole thing is just another thing... What to do and how to get around it is an obvious given for you... Its your business, you handle this all day long... Your consumers don't, for some just getting their wheel lugs broken loose requires a trip to this forum, understanding seams, welds, etc is an issue for them... All they want is the fish tank to hold water when its filled.

Additionally on one of these threads Mike made mention of product reviews with some guidelines to them, I think thats a pretty wide offer from him being that its almost free advertisement... I would like to further the requirements if that is something being considered. As with any professional review of a product or service Mike should approve of the member selection, product, terms etc before anything takes place with the member, he is after all the webmaster / editor of SS. The member should not be a current or past customer and or buddy buddy chummy chummy with anyone whom is (two way street). They should be a respected member with time and postings (I say 100+ and or a year or more) in the community and they should also have qualifying skills and / or first hand knowledge to perform a review of what ever the product is not just a MV owner getting a price break or a good deal.... Just my 50 cent worth.

rdixiemiller

I agree on the issue of testing welds. A test fixture would be a fairly straight forward item to build, and not too expensive. If you have had issues with leaking welds in the past, you should be checking 100% of all wheels you build. I have been in engineering in general industrial and automotive for years, and have an extensive background in quality assurance.
Bottom line is, I wouldn't buy any wheels from your company based on what I've read about leaks, and your attitude that the customer should break down the wheel and silicone it himself if his tires go flat. I hate to say it, but that is a sign of weakness from the management part of the company. Quality has to be designed into the manufacturing process, and must be tested and confirmed before shipping. Do you even have a quality standard for weldments? How about a QC inspection procedure? Someone in charge of QC maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks