• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

USAF M35A2C Blue Warranty Dash/Data Plate - Where to Find Replacement?

Anyone know where I can get my hands on a replacement blue warranty data plate (see pic below) for my 1989 USAF M35A2C? When I picked up my trucks at Barksdale either the AF or the GL folks had removed all the data plates - including the blue warranty plates - from both trucks. I picked up some replacement vehicle data and service plates from Saturn Surplus but haven't been able to locate one of the blue warranty plates. Of course a plate with a 1988 or 1989 date would be perfect, but beggars can't be choosers!

Attachments

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those are on the shelf next to Hens Teeth. Only AMG used them, so there arent many of them floating around to begin with, and even less on the surplus market.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It could of been done at the unit level, with someone replacing ugly plates with better looking ones.. When a piece of equipment was being turned in to DRMO at my unit, it was a free for all, take what you want, as long as the skeleton was there.

Those are on the shelf next to Hens Teeth. Only AMG used them, so there arent many of them floating around to begin with, and even less on the surplus market.
Well, if you happen to come across any Hen's Teeth - or better yet a blue warranty plate - do let me know. [thumbzup]

Maybe I'll get lucky and someone will be parting out a late model AF M35A2C that has a blue warranty plate in it and I can get the plate from them! :whistle:

Sure would be nice to cover up that glaringly empty spot on my dash! :jumpin:

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All the late model USAF M35A2C's I have seen (and I have been watching for 4 years on GL) are very nice. Why? Because they all went to the USAF, where they lead cushy lives mainly running up and down runways, stored inside, and very well maintained and documented.

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
What is one worth to you? I have an'87 model with the warranty plate, if it's worth enough to you I'll pull it off for you.

mcmullag

shamless plug

you mentioned the open spot on your dash. I took my warranty plate off because it has the blue paint rubbed off in several places and in that area I then put a sticker from, Left Coast Design, warning about running the engine enuf till the turbo bearings cool down. Humorous, Military Vehicles items in Left Coast Design store on eBay!

See after and before pics, or before and after pics.

I bought a bunch of stickers for the truck from this guy, I believe he is a member here, very nice stuff. check out all the ones he offers.

Attachments

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
you mentioned the open spot on your dash. I took my warranty plate off because it has the blue paint rubbed off in several places and in that area I then put a sticker from, Left Coast Design, warning about running the engine enuf till the turbo bearings cool down. Humorous, Military Vehicles items in Left Coast Design store on eBay!

I bought a bunch of stickers for the truck from this guy, I believe he is a member here, very nice stuff. check out all the ones he offers.
HE IS, did the 3 lever switch stickers that KENNY has, the TB decals, ect., does REAL nice work

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't think the warranty was transferable to the private owner/user.

If your restoring the truck for personal use I'll give you this one if you want it.
You, sir, are a true gentlemen and I humbly accept your most gracious offer. Yes, I am restoring the truck for personal use. She's already been in a couple of local parades, but needs a lot of "spiffing up" before she's truly parade ready. Bought the trucks for my nephew (just got back from his second tour of duty in Iraq) and me to play around with.

I will send you a PM with my mailing address.

If there is anything I can ever do to return the favor, please don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks for the tip on the stickers - I may need some stickers as well. I'll check out his eBay stuff. [thumbzup]