• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

USAF M36's...?

tamangel

Did the Air Force utilize M36's that were w/in the 87-89 contract era ? Who has the most recent M36 if not AF.. trying to determin what years I should look for...eventually...

Mike

Nonotagain

Did the Air Force utilize M36's that were w/in the 87-89 contract era ? Who has the most recent M36 if not AF.. trying to determin what years I should look for...eventually...

Mike
Why are you worried about having an Air Force version M36 truck?

If it's just for the dual circuit brakes, why not purchase a M36A3. There have been a few recently auctioned by the site that shall remain nameless.

Can't say that I've seen a 1987 or 1988 year M36 truck.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
As I understand it the M36 was designed to carry reloads for a now obsolete missile system....that's why only one side (passenger) of the bed drops down.

The Air Force may have had some to do that kind of duty.

tamangel

Why are you worried about having an Air Force version M36 truck?
not worried at all, just wondering about the newest ones available.. I drove A2's when in the AF back in the early '70's..oh, and not a fan of the A3's.. sorry guys..

Mike

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks