• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

USAF Tucker 743

steelypip

There used to be an ex-USAF Tucker 743 at Madawaska lake in Aroostook county, Maine. A guy who ran a restaurant/lodge used it to groom snowmobile trails in the 1980s after the job outgrew the Ski-Doo Alpine he had been using for the job.

My understanding is that a (comparative) lot of Tuckers got bought early during the cold war buildup for maintenance and rescue at the northern USAF bases and along the DEW line.

RangerBob

I found two more ex-USAF Tuckers recently. They're for sale and the guy wants a very fair price for them. I'm a little cash-poor at the moment (just bought a restored '50s johnnypopper), but hope to add at least one of them to the squadron soon. [thumbzup] I'll put pictures in the MV spotted thread later. Oops, nevermind. I see I already posted a picture of one of them there. Post #1370.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks