• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Use of mixed fuel.

davemccoull

Don,t know what its like in the States, but in U.K. we get drivers filling diesel cars with petrol, and petrol cars with diesel, by MISTAKE. When this happens the vehicles have to be towed in, and the tanks pumped out by the recovery firm. This fuel is know good to any body ,but to us with multifueler,s, theyare just glad to get rid of it for free.
I have 200 gall,s of this stuff, and a chemist friend of mine has devised a graph to show ratio of petrol to diesel (i run on 60% diesel). You need a couple of hydrometers to measure specific gravity of mixed fuel, look up on the graph and find what percentage of diesel there is. i have another graph that tells how much diesel to add to bring it up to 60%. The fuel i get is usually about 80% petrol.
If anybody can use these graphs or any info i will try and post them
DAVE.

Desert Rat

Dave,

We're blending Biodiesel with centrifuge spun and filtered Used Motor Oil and Dinosaur Guts to come up with a real cheap and efficient fuel over here. It's a rarity to get mixed fuels State Side.

DR

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
An old trick to make a Diesel (or multifuel) pass a smog test is to run with mostly gas. It gets you past the particulate part easily.

Posted for the benefit of those with trucks with a later build date on their title. You did argue it was a '53, didn't you?

dg

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
At 60% i bet your injector nozzles stay pretty clean. It's great you have a fuel source, I bet fuel prices are outrageous over there. It changes with the price of fuel, but i mix used motor oil and diesel in mine. I do have to change the fuel filters often but they are cheeper than running straight diesel. Can't wait to see your chart.

davemccoull

Mixed fuel

ken said:
At 60% i bet your injector nozzles stay pretty clean. It's great you have a fuel source, I bet fuel prices are outrageous over there. It changes with the price of fuel, but i mix used motor oil and diesel in mine. I do have to change the fuel filters often but they are cheeper than running straight diesel. Can't wait to see your chart.
My truck burns really clean, and doesn,t overheat at all. Fuel over here is about £4.60 a gallon for diesel, so the mixed fuel is a godsend. I will try and post the graphs early next week

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks