• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Used and Abused

donkdonk

We had some ice and snow last week, but it was 65 degrees on Saturday so we decided to take a couple trucks to the river. One is a multifuel w/winch air lock transfer case and the bobbed truck is a Reo gasser with sprag. They both have 395/85r20 tires on stock rims (save it :roll:). I recommend these tires to anyone. It makes the truck look so much better, you can cruise at 60-65, and it is a million times better off road.

A sweet Jeep and Chevy truck were with us too. They both had Rockwells.

Attachments

donkdonk

Well it was a great day. The trucks really surprised me. The A2 especially. It will make it through just about anything. The singled big tires REALLY make a difference. Both of the M35's made it through this hole a few times but the Jeep with 44" Swampers got stuck. If it had boggers on it I am pretty sure it would have had no problem... and the mud was really nasty by the time he got in.

Attachments

donkdonk

The gasser did well also, actually was the only truck that didn't get stuck.... until...

The gasser would not make it back up the bank and the rear quickly sank in the sand. The 46" rear tires were COMPLETELY submerged in the sand. Then I broke my winch! It actually broke the case, but it was making a funny noise earlier, so I am pretty sure it was already cracked. So we hooked a chain to my truck, a dozer, and a Chevy truck with Rockwells and it did not budge. I had to get my wrecker and put tension on it to release the suction to pull it out. Fun day, terrible evening. Got stuck at 5pm, on the road back to the shop at midnight.

I will get some pics of the winch later today.

Attachments

Last edited:

uoa

Looks like a blast! Where is this? I might have to come join you soon, I'm picking up my truck on Wednesday from Ft. Riley.

uoa

We had some ice and snow last week, but it was 65 degrees on Saturday so we decided to take a couple trucks to the river. One is a multifuel w/winch air lock transfer case and the bobbed truck is a Reo gasser with sprag. They both have 395/85r20 tires on stock rims (save it :roll:). I recommend these tires to anyone. It makes the truck look so much better, you can cruise at 60-65, and it is a million times better off road.

A sweet Jeep and Chevy truck were with us too. They both had Rockwells.
On another note, where did you get your tires from?

DanMartin

Looks like fun. One thing about the deuces...if there is a bottom, they will find it. This can be a good thing if the bottom is not too far down....or a bad thing if the bottom is about 15 feet. :eek:

Hope you have a good pressure washer. :)

donkdonk

Looks like a blast! Where is this? I might have to come join you soon, I'm picking up my truck on Wednesday from Ft. Riley.
Down by Purcell on the Canadian River. You pay a guy ten bucks and he lets you roam around all day. He makes trails with his dozer. Great time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks