• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Used ATF as fuel in deuce

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was thinking 5 min for ATF......lots of potiental for metal in it.
Super :ditto: on that not to mention the deuce filters it down to 10 anyway. It helps to let the ATF sit in the sun with a powerful enough magnet under the barrel if you have the time and extra resources. (I've had some real nasty ATF it seems)

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And be aware that it WILL cleanout your fuel system. Have extra filters on hand.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Never ran used ATF, but new ATF works great! A tad hard starting in low temps.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Filter, Filter, Filter,
Filter, Filter, Filter,
Filter, Filter, Filter,
Filter, Filter, Filter,

Blackmagic94

Trying to keep the cost down on this, so gravity feed through filter sock into bucket is how I would like to go, magnet in bucket to catch metal, then go to a smaller micron sock after first treatment, etc. By the time it gets to the tank it should be pretty clean, and the water seperator on the factory filter should handle the rest.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hear ya, there is only so much bread in the loaf. BUT, If you had an unlimited supply of ATF then your in business. I would buy from you. I just saw a thread where a guy worked at a dealership and had an unlimited supply of used engine oil, ATF and power steering fluid. If by chance you had the same set up then you could go into business for yourself. Just a thought.

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just scored a drum of ATF on my trip down from N. Nev. It ran great. It does smell like burnt ATF.
The drum that I pulled from had some water in the bottom, when it has water in it it looks like peto-bismal . . . bright pink.

I'm also collecting hard drive magnets to put around one of my "off-rig" filter cans. That will pull most of the magnetic metals to the side of the filter.

bones1

Interesting thread. I have access to atf in my work but I really have access to used, almost clean, AW32 hydraulic oil used in elevators in 55 gallon drums. How will that burn?.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks