• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Uses for Deuces

m715mike

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas

I got the Christmas lights on the house today. Needed the Deuce to get the job done. It's the only vehicle I have that can haul my ladder...

IMG_0691.jpg

teletech

MRE heater...

Lifted from a site in another country but I thought since it was a use I'd never considered
http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthrea...rew-feeding-arrangements&highlight=30mm+range

"when I was a 2LT in a mech infantry unit (1/18 INF) we used to heat up our MRE's (meals ready to eat) by taking them out of the box, rolling up the foil packet and feeding up to six of them down the exhaust pipe of a M35 Duce. This was of course just running at idle, in about five minutes we would hit the throttle and blow all the MRE packs out (it really launches them!)....only problem was soot would cover the packs so you could not read the contents, so the Joe's would cut them open and the "you got mine, here's yours" would begin. "
-MAJ G. Miskovsky

rustystud

MRE heater...

Lifted from a site in another country but I thought since it was a use I'd never considered
http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthrea...rew-feeding-arrangements&highlight=30mm+range

"when I was a 2LT in a mech infantry unit (1/18 INF) we used to heat up our MRE's (meals ready to eat) by taking them out of the box, rolling up the foil packet and feeding up to six of them down the exhaust pipe of a M35 Duce. This was of course just running at idle, in about five minutes we would hit the throttle and blow all the MRE packs out (it really launches them!)....only problem was soot would cover the packs so you could not read the contents, so the Joe's would cut them open and the "you got mine, here's yours" would begin. "

-MAJ G. Miskovsky
When I was in we still used "C" rations in cans. We would put them on the exhaust manifolds of our tanks or Deuces to heat them up. Just don't heat them too much !!! They can make a real mess of things fast !
I still have my "John Wayne" on my key ring.

Last edited:

meumar

When I was in we still used "C" rations in cans. We would put them on the exhaust manifolds of our tanks or Deuces to heat them up. Just don't heat them too much !!! They can make a real mess of things fast !
I still have my "John Wayne" on my key ring.
Oh yeah--who loses with the ham n limas?

Uses: Driving to the local pistol range.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks