• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Uses for Deuces

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Used one of my Deuces as a mobile dumpster while demo'ing a roof on a run-in shed on the farm. Was also able to back the bed under the shed so we could pop the old plywood off...which was real handy.

And a few other pics of what I've done with it....
Good pics. I like the idea of a stable platform for sigthing in your rifle. Great Idea! Now to find a range that'll let me drive up to the shooting lanes.....

sharkhunter2018

jeff - It's funny cause it wasn't intended as such. We loaded the table up to move it back and my buddy just figured he'd sit up there and shoot from there instead of fumbling trying to get the table out of the bed. Shooting from the cab on the other hand doesn't work so well. I have taken several groundhogs out to 150 yrds using the hood as a shooting platform though.

Well, if you're ever in my neck of the woods, my range is Deuce friendly. The perks of having the ability to stay home and shoot....

Jesse6325

Took it to work and back, (almost 100 miles round trip) While at work towed a firetruck from the firehouse to the hangar where I can work on it.
Sorry, No photos,,, They sorta needed the flightline.

I LOVE THIS THREAD!!!!!
Some of the creative uses made me smile real big, some made me scratch my head and say "WTF????" (What the frig?)
I've taken a few small cruises around the neighborhood in my deuce, but the longest ride I took was the recovery trip home to Yucaipa California from Forrestville California, (not too far from Santa Rosa) totaling 580 miles. Half way home from the previous owners place, the wife and I stopped at a McD's for a bite around lunchtime, and had a genuine "Bill Engvall moment". A guy on a bicycle rides by and asks my wife, "Does that thing actually run?". The reply he got was "Nope, Pushed it here to have somewhere to sit and eat........ HERE'S YER SIGN!".
But I digress. I got my deuce to build my dream bobber and use for a daily driver/go-anywhere BOV, but I'd have to say the best use for me is I like to be different, and have a vehicle that reflects my individuality by being unusual, eye-catching yet versatile.
My #1 use for my deuce is getting my jollies, getting stared at and seeing the fond and longing glances she gets from the vets. When the old guys, civies and vets alike see my truck parked, they can't resist the urge to come over, walk a few laps around her and ask me all the usual questions we deuce owners get. One old guy that came to see her in the lot at the local grocery store was almost in tears looking at my truck telling me about when he was a teen, his parents had one in Alaska that they used as a workhorse on thier 25-acre ranch. When I told him what I had planned for mine, he got the biggest gleam in his eye, and told me he was thinking of a bonding project for his son, grandson and himself. After our conversation was over, I'm sure his decision was made. I wrote down some beginner info for him and wished him luck.
I get the biggest kick outta bringing a smile to the face of a total stranger! :mrgreen:
:driver:

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My Deuce enjoyed being a backdrop for a local rising country music star and his entourage shooting pictures for his new album! :)

If they let me have a few that won't be used professionally, I'll post them.

lawdog1623

We used the m35a2 to camp several times, then i figured i needed to camp in style. I figured if i was going to do it i was going to do it "full bore" . I bought a m109a3 that i have yet to pick up, but ill be doing an rv conversion on it. When my family goes to the lake we will be taking both of our trucks.

RRworker

This is a great thread, I dont have a deuce yet but hope to have one early to mid summer. My future uses include:

-taking the work load off my 1/2 ton pickup
-recovering stuck equipment on my buddies land
-pulling my friends outta ditches in the winter
-hauling firewood
-hauling the toys around (atv's, snowmobiles)
-dragging downed trees out of the woods
-home depot/lowes runs
-winter driving when the snow gets deep
-taking it to the local cruise night
-offering my time and truck to the senior center that is also the towns meals on wheels center when the weather gets too bad for civvy vehicles (still havent met a snow storm that has defeated me)
-and many, many other uses that I havent even imagined yet.

Howie

mattg2448

In the last little while, i've found some good uses like

Taking to car shows
Moving people into new houses (mostly family, a boss in the soon future)
Parades, which i've only done the high school one, which I'd like to become more active with other parades.
Hauling firewood and pallets
Used as a chase vehicle for a mud bogger that was driving a few miles down the road
Recovery vehicle
Shooting platform
Camper (I might try this for memorial weekend)
The local town sheriff found it useful to blockade my road while a gunman was taken down
Its really useful to take a girl for a cruise around town, always exciting!

Theres alot more!

kastein

Mine isn't running (well) or driveable/registered right now, but it makes a good storage location for truck parts when the city gets on my case about too many truck parts visible from the street... I need to build a garage... and maybe use some of these parts in projects, instead of letting them sit around...

note: the A-frame for this ginpole/crane setup also fits my M54A2's front bumper recovery points!

Even with the crane and 5 ton I was VERY tired at the end of the day.

Attachments

rolling18

Hauling

What I did...
Made a quick $70 for hauling these 3 welders about 8 mi. weighing in @ 6000 lbs.
this guy bought these from GL for 1200. ea!! govt. paid 13,893 ea.!!!!:cookoo:

Attachments

Odyssey M

Some use the deuce for life (pushing that truck to its limits and hauling work loads to get 'the job' done), some for liberty (ensuring the government {DMV, LEOs, ect.} know their limits), I use mine to pursue happiness (wrenching on American iron and keeping it roll'n).:cool:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks