• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Uses for Deuces

59apache

Chipmaker
I usually just drive my Deuce to work or the occasional off roading but my son loves playing in the Deuce. Smiling from ear to ear, definitely daddy's little boy!! Works great to entertain the kids, also great for them to play on when they play war and such with their little machine guns.
same here :) my little girl loves her... she named her Lilo (Lelo phonetic) at the time she can't say "r" :)

Attachments

andy3

It works great for getting ice cream.
That's funny. I call mine the Ice Cream Truck and everyone looks at me funny. I have only had mine for 2 weeks and done a parade. brought the truck to 3 Cub Scout meetings, driven it to work, date night with my wife. an elementary school event, parent teacher conference, grocery shopping, the kids to school. Hey there are tons of things I haven't used it for yet...

cx65083

I sold my jeep Cherokee three days after I got my deuce home. It is now my daily driver, which is funny because it actually gets better fuel mileage.

Change out the NDT's with actual Commercial truck tires and your mileage and handling will go up more. Get a set of lock out hubs and you'll see even another mile or two per gallon out of her! If I get a chance at another deuce, I'll swap out the gears from 6.77/1 to 5/1. Will lose a little bottom end in High range... but driveability goes way up for around town and highway use!

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Change out the NDT's with actual Commercial truck tires and your mileage and handling will go up more. Get a set of lock out hubs and you'll see even another mile or two per gallon out of her! If I get a chance at another deuce, I'll swap out the gears from 6.77/1 to 5/1. Will lose a little bottom end in High range... but driveability goes way up for around town and highway use!

The stock gears are 6.72:1. The only alternative gear option is 4.90:1.

http://www.ouversonusa.com/rockwell_490_gearset.php

That's also $3600 worth of gears for a deuce. Might be better off using the OD gearset a member here sells to keep the low end and gain top end.

cx65083

Apologies....Not enough Caffeine in blood yet this morning 6.72/1 and 4.9/1.
I have seen other ratios...but have been unable to find the link to the supplier this morning. Again, I'll blame the low caffeine!

Edit: Darnit.... I was thinking about the gear sets I found for my M813 5 ton.... NOT for Deuces.
Carry On.

Last edited:

blisters13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Assisting local veterans so they can participate in parades (2 so far this year); they actually use a truck dock that I back up to so they can get in the back because most of them can't climb up anymore; I even bring a step ladder but the dock works best for them. One guy came on board with a walker.

I install temporary handrails so nobody falls out :grin:

In the second parade the Post won a First Place trophy for their entry- they were all really jazzed about that. Not shown is the color guard and camo'd golf cart.

Me with my daughter riding shotgun.
100_0600_email_2.jpg

Rokonguy

I usually just drive my Deuce to work or the occasional off roading but my son loves playing in the Deuce. Smiling from ear to ear, definitely daddy's little boy!! Works great to entertain the kids, also great for them to play on when they play war and such with their little machine guns.
There was a deuce (might have been a 5T, not totally sure) at the end of my road when I was a kid. I remember playing on it for hours!

85CUCVtom

Don't forget weddings! My dad and I got into these great old machines a few years ago. He has an m35a2 and then when I graduated college he bought me an m109 that I have used as a camper. This summer my parents, my girl that is now my wife, a few friends of mine, and I spent a lot of good time together fixing the m35 up to use in our wedding. It turned out looking great and it was a hit with everyone!
Those are great wedding pictures. Nice job.

Last edited:

blisters13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's funny. I call mine the Ice Cream Truck and everyone looks at me funny. I have only had mine for 2 weeks and done a parade. brought the truck to 3 Cub Scout meetings, driven it to work, date night with my wife. an elementary school event, parent teacher conference, grocery shopping, the kids to school. Hey there are tons of things I haven't used it for yet...
Yeah, bring THAT to a parent-teacher conference 'round here and they take it as a terrorist threat...:roll:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks