• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Uses for Deuces

goldwing2000

Banned
I used mine for community service today.

12:46 - finished repairs to charging system (civvy alternator conversion)
12:54 - receive community alert text message that there is a tree down blocking a main road
13:05 - on the road with Deuce and chain saw
13:20 - arrive at the downed tree, police on the scene
14:34 - return home with a free load of firewood and sense of pride and accomplishment for helping out the community [thumbzup]

Attachments

Speedwoble

Had 3 deuces on the farm back in KS.

One sat there , for "parts" though we could never stand to remove parts from it.

I claimed a winch model and took it with me to college in Manhattan, KS, Ames Iowa, and then on to Sioux Falls, SD and used it to pick up lumber, etc. Used it to haul home a 600Hp Electric motor which I salvaged for scrap. It was free as long as I hauled it off. I sold the scrap for $400 back when copper was $1/lb and steel was $90/ton.

Hauled a Datsun 280Z from Manhattan ks to Wichita to sell. Fit in the bed just perfect. Later I hauled a gt40 kit car to its new owner.

Used the M35A2C to crush an illegally parked car at my fraternity in college in an attempt to prevent others from doing the same. The motor was bad so the owner abandoned it in our lot because he thought we would tow it so he wouldn't have to mess with it.

Used the winch to tow out a Hyundai stuck in the snow in a ditch. The winch literally lifted the car out of the ditch. Talk about using a sledge hammer to drive a tack.

Put two "Soft-tub" hot tubs in the bed, loaded it up with friends and drove it through the bar district of Ames IA inviting people to jump in. Then took it through the McDonalds drive through. Sadly I can't find the pictures to prove this one. Also took the hot tubs and a generator tailgating at a football game.

Loaded the bed with couches and took it to the drive-in theater.

Used it to pull an ultralight airplane out of a muddy field.

Used it to carry my Canoe, ultralight, and tools from Sioux Falls, SD to Wichita, KS

Attachments

Loco_Hosa

Mine went from being a movie star to being the Papa Johns delivery truck on Ft Lewis.

I have to say that the vibrations, lack of interior light, and the NOISE inside the cab takes some of the fun out of it, but I still enjoy doing on my shorter shifts. :)

WMO for the win.

"This is how Papa Johns shows our support for our men and women in uniform."

(Two of these pics were taken by customers)

Attachments

saquishmike

Yes I built the plow frame. It was a little over kill but worked great. The tires are firestone 9.00x20 and the stock rims. The ndt is horrible in the snow and ice. I put some cobblestones in the back for ballast and only got stuck once .

Stan Leschert

Our M135 is firmly retired.
It normally goes out in support of Branch 118 of the Royal Canadian Legion.

It pays respect to our veterans, does PR in community parades ...

AND ... at Christmas, it helps Santa restock the Toy Store,
at our local Salvation Army!

Every kid deserves a toy at Christmas, and we try to help!

BTW, some rotten little brat absconded with our cargo strap
(at a charity event), so if you have a reasonable priced one, PM me.

Attachments

goldwing2000

Banned
Not a fan of those type of beams at all. They're dangerous to Firefighters. But nice easy way to get them home.
Well... I don't know that I'd go so far as saying it was "easy". Had to load them by myself, by hand, in the dark. :shock:

My shoulders are telling me all about it today.

You have any idea what kind of weight those type of trusses will hold?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks