• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Using a m35 t-case in a new application

cyamaha2007

I want to use a airshift t-case in a homemade tractor. I need a way to lower the drive shafts to the front and rear diffs since it will articulate in the middle. This means i want to re clock the t-case vertically. How does the t-case lubricate. I believe i can make a new fill at the top, block off the original vent and create a new vent at the top. Maybe add a additional resivor at the top to help with cooling. I will be over filling the case. This will be a low speed tractor. I can see foaming being a issue. But i wanted your thoughts. :cookoo:

supermechanic

Try it.
I don't know if these cases have oil pumps in them like big truck transmissions, but I suspect they don't.
This means all lubrication is dependant on gears carrying the lube as they turn. If they are turning slowly, they are not moving much oil.
In this instance, overfilling may not only not be harmful, but may be just what is needed to insure lubrication.
If the fill level is too high, it will manifest itself in the foaming of the oil. Lower as necessary.
I have a dead case from a 5 ton I was saving for such a project (mine lost high range) .
Post some pics as your build progresses.

cyamaha2007

I think it will be sweet. im going to use a ls1 and gm 14 bolt rear axles for the front and rear. I would like to use a 4bt cummins but i dont have one sitting in the corner of the shed. I am going to start on it once i finish building my pole barn.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks