• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Using Deuce parts on a F700

satcong

I am looking into using my deuce engine & transmission along with one of the rear ends w/springs, I have a 1985 F-700 flatbed dump that is eating me alive in gas (5 MPG) yhe multifuel running on filtered used mortor oil (FREE) & used transmission fluid (.50 per gal.) as it has for a few years now, would be a whole lot cheaper for me to operate. Has anyone made a conversion like this or able to point me in the right direction? Steve:cool:

tm america

Why not just use a deuce all together they are cheaper to plate and opperate altogther, .If you need a longer bed go with a m36 either one is availible with drop sides on the bed than can be dropped to load with fork lift or removed to use as a flatbed.you can probably sell the f700 for enough to buy 2 deuces

joeM62

Could you put the dump and hoist off the f700 to the duce seem like that would be better than putting the tranny and and rear end of a duce in the f700. just my 2cents

satcong

I am having second thoughts about parting out my deuce, I have located a pull out multifuel W/ transmission for $650. I may pick them up & sell the deuce.