• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Using deuce wheel centers in other rims?

ranchand

Ok, so I got some 15.5s with rims. Off of what I dont know? The rims have a centered offset. My plan is to cut out my stock duece centers and weld them into the 10in rims. This would put the offset at around a half inch, very close to putting the inside of the front tires at stock tire position. I have removed one center out of a stock rim and it looks rather meek next to these big rims and tires. I would like to hear your opinions.
Are the stock centers strong enough to support those rims and tires?

ranchand

Another option would be to have the centers turned down to fit inside the 10 bolt centers. But that would mean the tires would stick out 4-5" past the fender wells. Might look kinda sweet? But would it work?

ranchand

Come on guys, I figured everyone would want to input on this?
Does anyone know what these wheels are off?
Are the duece centers strong enough for this unsprung weight?
Should I weld them inside and out or will that affect the integrity?
Any thoughts and opinions will help and are much appreciated:???::???:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I'm not going to comment on yes or no, but the deuce bolt pattern centers that are being made for the Hemtt rims are made out of 1/2 and 5/8 plate. I doubt they would be reliable, but I am not an injuneer. :) I know some guys that could make some centers for you. Hope this helps.

ranchand

Some jerk. So, new plan, I tacked up one rim today and put it on the truck so that i could throw it in gear and see if I could get it straight and centered. It looks off the hook! Anyways I have come to the conclusion that it is going to get new centers turned for to fit inside the new rims existing centers and it will be 10" wider on the front axle and it going to be, hands down, the baddest looking tire/wheel offset combo I have seen on a duece.:grd:
These wheels have a centered offset so if I flip the rear hubs and weld the duece lug pattern into the hub of these rims the tires will be almost even with the duece bed. Check out the pics. More to follow when I talk the wife out of some more money. She says we have these things called bills?

Attachments

ranchand

Gimpy, you have a good piont, I was just having that conversation with my dad. I may just have to leave them put. Besides it does real good in the mud the only downside is it looks funny from the rear:wink:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks