• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Using your CUCV as a generator

Skinny

Ok, first of all is that someone on this forum?
Second, I'm pretty sure my mother would not be happy, after all the lectures I got as a kid, to find that I had purchased something from someone called "Uncle Sugar".

Hillbilly Wizard..ok.
Uncle Sugar.. No.
There is an endless amount of joke material here that I'm passing on. Wanted to let you know. 🤣

I would think that an inverter would be primarily powering AC devices only while running without a house battery bank.

When I camp I'm a snob and will only drink drip coffee. I have a small machine that draws like 600/700ish watts. I use a $200 800 watt Sportsman inverter generator. It's cheap, quiet, and sips fuel. Perfect for a few minutes to power a small load.

I also have a 3000 watt inverter charger in my Burb which I'll start the truck and idle for a few minutes while making coffee or anything large like that. These aren't big money so I like to have all of it just for different situations. It doesn't make sense to idle an 8.1 V8 to charge batteries and run the inverter for long periods of time.

Sure I can make coffee in a pinch but I like that little suitcase just for that reason. Powers work lights when I'm out doing a job at night. It fits behind the seat in my truck.

So my vote is suitcase generator, inverter/charger, battery bank, and a few solar panels. Don't cheat yourself 😉

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, first of all is that someone on this forum?
Second, I'm pretty sure my mother would not be happy, after all the lectures I got as a kid, to find that I had purchased something from someone called "Uncle Sugar".

Hillbilly Wizard..ok.
Uncle Sugar.. No.
Uncle Sugar=Uncle Sam, what soldiers call the military industrial complex.

Squibbly

Uncle Sugar=Uncle Sam, what soldiers call the military industrial complex.
I was in two branches and never heard of Uncle Sam referred to as Uncle Sugar.

Maybe because I was in during the mostly Bush 1 and Clinton years (Desert Storm)…or maybe just out of the loop.

I had to look it up and it looks like a term used to describe the “Personification of the American Welfare State”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Squibbly

Legal deer season is over in SC, so you won't need it for a while. Remember them reveuers read this forum too!
I totally didn’t expect a legal notification for a joke about needing a hair dryer for hunting, which makes it even funnier for some reason. 😂

What are the legal ramifications of blow-drying while driving? Well played. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks