• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Utah Convoy May 2010

markmontana

(The trip out to Lucin will be held later. Several new guys are not ready to take their trucks that far, so we’ll start with this simple get-together.)

Military Vehicle Get Together Ogden, Utah

SWANSON TACTICAL TRAINING CENTER
2520 North 1500 West
Ogden, Utah

Google Map to Parking Area Exit 349 I-15

Google Maps

May 22 10 AM to 3 PM (Saturday)

Open Table Lunch: 12:30 (Pot Luck- bring a dish. We’ll also have a grille if you want to burn your own meat)

Bring your military vehicles and related items to our ‘meet and greet’ at the Swanson Tactical Center. Plenty of room to park, and this is a secure area. Drive them or trailer- all vehicles welcome.

This is a chance to meet other people in the area with similar interests, and to let folks see these trucks up close and learn more about their operation.

We’ll have a photographer for some group photos, and some lucky trucks may be included in an indoor Training Center photo. Depending on the Tactical Center schedule, we may get also a chance to take a tour through the facility.

We’ll also discuss our convoy plans to the west desert for later this year.

Steel Soldiers, come on out and let's see your truck!

Hope to see you in Ogden.

Last edited:

markmontana

I have been looking for a Utah mv club finally fomd one definetly pit me on the list for the trip
Hi Adam- we'll look forward to meeting you. We'll have some planning meetings before this convoy in May, we'll post anything here on SS. This should be a fun trip- and plenty of places to off-road! The rail bed we will be traveling on is 'off road', too.

We are not a club (as mentioned on the Convoy post) and don't plan to start a club.

There is a club in Utah: Utah Military Vehicles Club

Disclaimer: I don't know anything about the club. I might try to make a meeting and see what goes on. But I'm not the 'club type'...

Dave

steve87

I'm definitely going to try to make it. I still am having fuel problems with my 1009 but I hope to get them fixed this weekend and have plenty of time to find all the other problems that will arise before the trip. Hopefully I don't have anything happen during the trip but with my luck something will. Glad to see that there are more MVers out here in UT.

markmontana

Glad to see that there are more MVers out here in UT.
I live in Layton, up near Hwy 89 and 193.

We may try a shorter trip this first time out, or break it up into a couple trip options. There are a lot of new guys that are still working the bugs out of their trucks, and no need to add problems from a longer trip.

A couple of the guys are good mechanics and we plan to have good support in case of issues.

We'll also have a get together before the trip to meet and go over the route and answer questions.

steve87

I'm just south of you off 89 by the water tank. I would like to get together and see what you guys got planned. My dad was talking about flying out to Lucin in his plane to meet us if we go out there.

wiggall

Words of WISDOM DO NOT DRIVE THROUGH THE GREASEWOOD, or you will not have enough tires to get home. Be carefull where you drive offroad if you break through the CRUST YOU WILL BE VERY STUCK! Ask me how I know this my father worked for the SP R.R, and I grew up in Montello, Nv.

markmontana

(We have changed this first event. Our ambitious convoy has been changed/delayed. Now a one day get together at the Swanson Tactical Center. The first post has been changed- here is the final plan- hope to see all you locals make it!)

Military Vehicle Get Together Ogden, Utah

2520 North 1500 West
Ogden, Utah

Google Map to Parking Area Exit 349 I-15

Google Maps

Open Table Lunch: 12:30 (Pot Luck- bring a dish. We’ll also have a grille if you want to burn your own meat)

Bring your military vehicles and related items to our ‘meet and greet’ at the Swanson Tactical Center. Plenty of room to park, and this is a secure area. Drive them or trailer- all vehicles welcome.

This is a chance to meet other people in the area with similar interests, and to let folks see these trucks up close and learn more about their operation.

We’ll have a photographer for some group photos, and some lucky trucks may be included in an indoor Training Center photo. Depending on the Tactical Center schedule, we may get also a chance to take a tour through the facility.

We’ll also discuss our convoy plans to the west desert for later this year.

Hope to see you in Ogden.

steve87

dang, i hope the lucin trip is still planned. I was looking forward to it. A get together will be great also. ill see you guys there.

markmontana

dang, i hope the lucin trip is still planned. I was looking forward to it. A get together will be great also. ill see you guys there.
We still want to do the Lucin trip, and we'll talk about it on the 22nd. We just want to get some of the new guys up to speed before we go racing across the desert!!! And I'm going to be moving some trucks from Custer to Ogden just before the 22nd, so I ran out of time to get ready.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Dave

gregu206

New to the group, have a Willys MB and MBT (WWII Jeep and Trailor). Also, I am a member of the Utah Military Vehicle Club, if anyone wants to know about it. Looking forward to joining the trip, I did part of the cross-country convoy that came through here last July and had a blast.

markmontana

New to the group, have a Willys MB and MBT (WWII Jeep and Trailor). Also, I am a member of the Utah Military Vehicle Club, if anyone wants to know about it. Looking forward to joining the trip, I did part of the cross-country convoy that came through here last July and had a blast.
Hi neighbor- and welcome to SS: a really good resource. Hope you can come by with one of your vehicles on May 22. We'll just be hanging out, having lunch, hope to get a tour of the Swanson Tactical Center and we'll also talk about the convoy out to Lucin and our shooting range.

markmontana

Invitation and Reminder May 22

(Details on SS Forum: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/upcoming-events/48000-utah-convoy-may-2010-a.html)

Hi, hope you can make it- bring your military vehicle(s) if you can- if not- we still want you! This is not a Convoy, see details on the link.

Military Vehicle Get Together
2520 North 1500 West
Ogden, Utah

It looks like we'll have a few distinguished guests dropping by. Also, a local military canvas upholstery business will be there and we hope he can put together a group deal for Deuce canvas seat covers and canvas accessories- American Patrol Canvas Company. (New member here on SS, too)

Link for directions: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/upcoming-events/48000-utah-convoy-may-2010-a.html

Thanks
Dave

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awesome!

I just saw this thread. I'm a green as grass MV owner :)

I'll see what I can do, I'm still struggling to get my Deuce fully registered. I can't find a place close by that'll do the safety inspection without trying to illegally charge me hundreds of dollars extra for labor so they can follow the law and check the brakes. (I'm working towards putting inspection plugs in the back plate of the brake drums so they don't have to take off tires...)

I'd love to attend, so I'll get on things in earnest then!

gregu206

I talked to members of the Utah Military Vehicle Club, and hopefully some of them will show up. Right now, I plan on being there with my Jeep and another is going to be selling canvas equipment. I have also mentioned the postponed convoy to Lucin and there is interest among the club to participate. I have also added a new event that the club is doing, a trip out to the Pony Express trail southeast of Dugway that is going to be May 14-16.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks