• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Utah Convoy May 2010

jarhead1086

Valence, take your truck to Boyce Equipment here in Ogden for the safety. They are just south of Impact Arms. They may even do the inspection at your house? If Swanson's parking lot gets full we can use the parking lot across the street where I work too (Parker). Looking forward to meeting everyone and learning something. Thanks for setting this up.

Last edited:

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Valence, take your truck to Boyce Equipment here in Ogden for the safety. They are just south of Impact Arms. They may even do the inspection at your house? If Swanson's parking lot gets full we can use the parking lot across the street where I work too (Parker). Looking forward to meeting everyone and learning something. Thanks for setting this up.
Hey excellent, I'll give them call, thanks for the tip!

markmontana

(Details on SS Forum: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/upcoming-events/48000-utah-convoy-may-2010-a.html)

Hi, hope you can make it- bring your military vehicle(s) if you can- if not- we still want you! This is not a Convoy, see details on the link.

Military Vehicle Get Together
May 22 10 AM to 3 PM (Saturday)
SWANSON TACTICAL TRAINING CENTER
2520 North 1500 West
Ogden, Utah

It looks like we'll have a few distinguished guests dropping by. Also, a local military canvas upholstery business will be there and we hope he can put together a group deal for Deuce canvas seat covers and canvas accessories- American Patrol Canvas Company. (New member here on SS, too)

Link for directions: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/upcoming-events/48000-utah-convoy-may-2010-a.html

Thanks
Dave
Just a reminder- the get together is still a GO. Rain or shine. AP Canvas Co has confirmed they will be there. And the tour of the Tactical Center will be at approx 1PM.

Who knows what the weather wil be like- but a little rain won't hurt your truck! See you there.

If you don't have a truck yet, come on in and check them out. Who knows, you might get a ride in one...

markmontana

I checked the map and that will be a drive and a half from west jordan. I am going to try and make it work.
Brian- hope you can make it. 48 miles on a Saturday up I-15 is an easy drive. Heck, I'll be driving an M818 from MD to UT next week (2000+ miles).
One good wiper blade and you should be good!:-D

Here's the map link to the Tactical Center: Google Maps

We've only put this out on SS forum, so it really is an SS event. Hoping to see some new guys show up, too.

superburban

superburban, tell her you have to attend- ITS AN ORDER
:twisted:
Hmm... I'll have to weigh the cost/reward balance here very carefully. On one hand, disobeying a direct order from SS is a serious matter, but if I disobeyed a contradictory direct order from Wifey, I think the consequenses are infinitely worse! Youknowwhati'msayinhere.

Still it cant hurt to ask. I'll frame it as "It's a potluck get-together with some old friends. You wont have to cook! I'll even make the tater-salad." It's just gotta work!

markmontana

Took a couple of trucks out to the Tactical Center today, you can get an idea of the layout- see you tomorrow! I'm bringing a grill, you bring your meat (or there is a Wendy's and Subway around the corner). Also bring something to throw on the food table. We'll pick up some drinks.

http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae358/davev_photobucket/Trucks/PICT1367.jpg

http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae358/davev_photobucket/Trucks/PICT1369.jpg

http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae358/davev_photobucket/Trucks/PICT1370.jpg

markmontana

We're still on for today, really glad we aren't doing the road trip out to the west desert!!! That would be a mess. The tour of the Tactical Center starts about 1pm. I've already seen it :D so I hope a few of you show up.

Weather Forecast:

Today: Windy. Showers early becoming widely scattered for the afternoon. Cold. High 48F. Winds WSW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 40%.

There will be at least two trucks out there- so you new guys can come up and check them over.

markmontana

Despite some unusal weather out here, a few of us hardy souls showed up and in the end- the weather was A-ok. The tour of the Tactical Center was the highlight. And of course a chance to see some MV's and the upgrades etc.

It was very good to meet many new faces and I look forward to some fun trips and get togethers in the future.

Dave

gregu206

For those of you who missed the tour and stuff, here are some photos. How about a get together at Ogden Airport on June 12th? There will be a Props and Rods show there and I will have my plane and a couple of other warbirds on display. I can arrange for photos of your military vehicle with a WWII, Korean, or Vietnam era aircraft. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks