• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Utah to Michigan

rizzo

I put a post on www.truckstop.com for you. it is 1756 miles. the $1850 looks like a good price to me.

how much deck space is it going to take?
what is the weight?
can they load them onto a flatbed? do they have a dock? fork lift? crane?

citizensoldier

Re: RE: Utah to Michigan

rizzo said:
I put a post on www.truckstop.com for you. it is 1756 miles. the $1850 looks like a good price to me.

how much deck space is it going to take?
what is the weight?
can they load them onto a flatbed? do they have a dock? fork lift? crane?
The can be loaded onto 30' or maybe less. They have both fork truck and loading dock available and are willing to do either. Total weight should be around 6K

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My thought is, it is high. I am guessing they have generators? Otherwise trailers are not worth that much to move? I would just drive out and get them with trailer. Might have to remove generators and put in truck but 5KW's should work. If they are larger would probably be a whole different problem. :shock:

citizensoldier

seems hight to me.. 3512 miles round trip for me.. At 10 MPG 351.2 gallons x 3.50 a gallon = $1229 bucks. This is going both ways myself.. Seems like I could get them hauled one way for less than $1800 bucks. I think I will keep looking.
They all have gensets on them and the deck of the trailer without the toung is 8'.. I would think they coul be set on the pintle and compacted to around 24' ..

kinetichotshot

Actually it sounds like you are getting a fairly good deal at $1/mile By the time that you figure fuel, maintenance, and INSURANCE... It costs most of us that much before we even pay the driver! My guess is that he is breaking even on you and hoping to get a small car or something going the same direction to make his pay. Your load doesn't weigh much, but even crossing the trailer tongues it takes up a lot of space! Have you gotten the transporters DOT and MC #s yet? I can check his authority and insurance (and probably get you in direct contact with him) if you would like. I had a guy call me a couple of days ago asking about your trailers and I told him to e-mail you, don't know if he did.
Laterz,
Gator
>|--|~

rizzo

I had two calls this morning. one woman had a step deck there monday and gave me a price of 2700. the other guy said ok and hung up when I told him he had to be lower than 1850. I don't think you are going to find a semi to do it at that price or lower. the uship guy must have a hot shot.
if someone could find a partial to go with it then you could probably get it down to $.75/mile. you also have to consider that no one really wants to go to boyne city, mi. where are they going to get another load from and how much will that pay. if it was going to GR or Detroit that would make a difference.

chevycrew

If you made the trip yourself, CS. Look into the the uship stuff, for getting a load out west.

If you need help at Hill, or a place to crash, Send me a message.

citizensoldier

I am going to shy away from this one.. Not really about the price its the lack of info on this guy and some of the records do not look good. So I will keep looking. Thanks for all the comments and if anyone comes up with something let me know please. The best type of truck for this job would be a duramax and a 24' gooseneck trailer. This combo should get good milleage and I could easily find them a load back from Boyne City. Thanks again.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe we can work together on this, I have a truck bed going East from Idaho Motor Pool (near Boise, ID). The bed is 8 ft wide and 15 ft long.....
Getting it to Michigan would be a big help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks