• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

V-100 commando front axle's for sale

Delby

Hey guy's done some thinkin and decided that these axles are more valuable to someone who needs them to restore there V-100 than to me since I would just modify them and put them under a rock crawler. I've had a few people on this site interested in taking them off my hands. So I'm putting them up for sale. I've had some local's who want them for their buggy's but like I said I'd rather see them go to someone who is restoring a classic rather than building a rock crawler. I run the deuce axles under mine and they work plenty good for me.Plus parts are easier to find for them.I'll try to get them out a little later and take some pictures of them for you guy's.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
As I don't have a v-100 I will have to bow out. I am still interested in a stronger front axle if you decide to sell to others though.

mudguppy

what makes them stronger - just the bigger shafts? if so, depending on selling price, i'm sure upgraded shafts would be a more cost effective solution than an entire axle assy. no?

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's very decent of you Delby.
Anyone in the process of restoring one of these vehicles knows just how hard it is to find original parts, in particular major assemblies. Current and future restorers will sing your praises for this decision.

Cheers

Delby

glad to hear the many thanks from you guy's. yes overson's does have the 2" upgrade axle shafts.The kit will run you $2250 plus you would have to have the carrier halves and the spindle's bored out to make them fit.

mudguppy

well, actually Ouverson also has stock-sized 16 spline shafts that are alloy and supposedly much stronger than stock shafts for $1k - no machine work required. add an ultralocker for $480 and you're done. so, unless you're going to get that rare front-end for significantly less than $1500 (including shipping), i don't see the benefit.

i agree, that since it's not drastically stronger, that it may make more sense to go to a resto. but, hey, it's the owner's perogative.

however, even after i said all that, if i got it for cheap and he was w/in driving distance i'd put it in a deuce also!!! ;-)