• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

V100 film

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Strange turn signal light at the end of the video. Add on perhaps?
Yes. Added next to the old style composite lights. The very early ones seemingly didn't have turn signals from the factory.

That is a cool video, I have it on a disk I bought long before I had a V myself, been drooling over it for years.
Did you notice the Elmer Fudd moment when the narrator talks of the 'terrowists'?

Cheers

Rickv100

That film footage is out of the National Archives. I had copies of it made about 5 years ago.

The vehicle in the film are the evaluation V100's the MP's had. There is further video of them on patrol that was shot at the same time.

Rick

Rickv100

Yes, it is the same one. One of the V100's has an orange marker panel on the nose.

The footage I got from the National Archives was all silent. Not sure when the voice over was added.

This was shot in the 1967 time frame when the MP's were evaluating the V100's for issue. They are early V100's armed with the .30 machine guns.

I have copies of the evaluation reports that were filed by the MP's every 6 months.

The V100's did not start to get issued until late 1968/1969 time period.

One of these days I will get everything scanned I copied out of the National Archives and Center for Military History on the V100.

Rick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks