• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VA / NC SS Ralley

M215

OK Steel Soldiers,
I wanted to give a heads up about an up coming event / possible ralley for SS. The Virginia War Musuem's annual Military Vehicle show is scheduled for Sept 27-28 at their location in Newport News VA.
http://www.vmpa.us/

This is a great show and a good opportunity for SS and public awareness in regards to the MV hobby and positve PR for who we are.

Even though this is a small show, it is well attended by the general public. Several reinactment groups attend, vendors offering militaria and my favorite is the militaria auction held Friday / Saturday nights. Unlike Aberdeen and a few other MV shows this one is about reaching out to the public and is sponsored in conjunction with the Hampton Roads Militaria Society.

There is always is nice display of military vehicles and room for many more.

If we can get enough members to commit, we could organize a special SS event, side trip (Ft Eustis transportation museum?) or a BBQ. We have good number of members in the Hampton Roads area so this would be easy on the fuel budget.

This has always been a special show for me, back in 1998 this is where I caught OD fever. I'll be there with the M215 GMC dumper, hope to see you there also!
Karl

MarineTracs

Jay, if you want to come, then by all means please come. My M37 is restored to Marine 'field use' condition, not factory show room. So you won't be the only one.

BIGDIG

I live in Williamsburg,Can I bring some commo gear I have here that Ive been trying to sell???Or maybe if members are interested they can drop by my home..I live across the street from the Williamsburg Hooters,about a 2 minute walk.We could go there for some wings...Im always rolling in there with my bucket truck and my crews service trucks and cranes,I think a convoy of MVs would be cool..
Bob

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hi Karl,, Mighty long ride in the deuce. I PMd Jay maybe we can hook up and work something out . I`ll cross my fingers. map says 222 miles for me . looks like 5-6 hours ride. Keep me posted please.

MarineTracs

Bigdig, in the past there have been quite a few people that bring stuff to sell independant of the militaria dealers. Just bring a blanket/tarp and set the stuff up off to the side. I did not go last year, but this event used to draw a fair amount of the public as spectators.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My deuce is going to get a workout around that time. Weekend before is Gilbert PA rally. Two weeks after is the Rausch Creek PA rally. But I might be able to fit this in last weekend of September. :)

BIGDIG

Thanks Marine Tracs,depending on work,I will try to make it with all my stuff.I used to have a nice M880 back up in Boston before I moved here 3 years ago.Left it behind along with 2 Dodge Ramchargers.
Bob

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks