• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VA Rally

rickf

Rick is trying to rattle my chain... I really can't tell by the tone if you are attempting to rattle it a little more, or is this is a legitimate question so I am answering cautiously as being legitimate.....

NO... I do not want anywhere near that fence. Yes I am shooting for where I last moved to. It's nice and quiet over there... no walnuts, or other nuts. :)

Who me? Never!:twisted::twisted:

rickf

I am really having second thoughts about about my trailer. Anyone in the immediate NJ area have a heavy duty car hauler or equipment trailer I could rent or borrow for the trip? Need to know ASAP since I am leaving Thursday morning.

Rick
Figured I would give this one more shot before loading up.

Rick

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Checked the weather:

Friday, mostly sunny, 10% chance of rain, high 91, low 64
Saturday, mostly cloudy, 10% chance of rain, high 85, low 64
Sunday, partly cloudy, 30% chance of rain, high 79, low 63

Looks pretty good to me!

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like good weather to me! I just need to find a few tent stakes and I'll be ready. Got the 5 ton cargo cover kit for Bthrasher, food, drink, five GMRS radios for the trail rides, batteries, clothes, meds, sleeping bag, camera, pictures, flash drive with the MVPA pics. Will pick up 10 gallons of ethanol free gas for use on the trails tomorrow.

hoop

Be prepared for rain....Some of the computer models and forecasters think this Tropical Storm has a good chance of taking the same track that Camille did in '69. For those that come up 29, that rock face that you see in Lovingston, showed up during Camille. All of the bridges on 29 have been replaced to those standards, so that should not be a worry. RainX those windows. Who needs wipers on a flat windshield with RainX anyway.
On standby status.

JSF01

Some pictures from the rally, 1-10
:oops: My truck is the broken down truck in picture number 8. The transmision cooler line has come loose and leaked transmition fluid all over the place. A quick tightening of the fitting to fix the leak and refill of fluid and I was back in business. I have made it home no problems[thumbzup]

joediveguy

:oops: My truck is the broken down truck in picture number 8. The transmision cooler line has come loose and leaked transmition fluid all over the place. A quick tightening of the fitting to fix the leak and refill of fluid and I was back in business. I have made it home no problems[thumbzup]
Glad you made it back Air Force! You had me worried there for a bit! Nice to meet you!

joediveguy

And a good time was had by all!

That Halftrack stole the show! The boys, and men, got a real kick out of it. Cab's BBQ was awesome and we all had a really good time. Me and the boy will be making this an annual pilgrimage!

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Joe,

Now you know why my registration is usually first to be received! The BBQ is worth the 900 mile round trip (for me) and the MV's and rock crawling jeeps are icing on the cake!

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a blast. THe Half track was the star of the rally, and I really enjoyed the ride I got in her. I also enjoyed the ride in the back of the M37 up and over the mountain.
My wife and I are still at Graves Mtn. We went up on Skyline drive yesterday, and went over to James Madison's plantation today. Wonderful place, with quite a view of the blue ridge.
Graves Mtn is also very nice. Great place to relax, and get away from it all.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks