• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vaccum pump for 6.2l

Csm Davis

Okay, put up.
Let's see you get a vacuum pump.
Because the part number in the picture on the left in your post does not match the picture.
It is not an emissions pump, it is a vacuum pump.
But actually I hope you have found 100 vacuum pumps.
That would be great.
Quit with the hubris and deliver the parts.

By the way, that is a new old stock pump that could be 30 years old.
The entire point of this is to find NEW parts.
It is no better than buying a used one.
But you are the expert...
You are the one with a attitude and not able to read, those are listed as new and not being NOS as the old is a bad thing when dealing with rubber.
Simp doesn't need one you do, so shut-up and order one yourself.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bighorn

Pipe down.
If you want to spend $289 for a new one or $150 for an old one thats great.
I am going to do it for $59.
You can play nice and i'll show you how or you can be nasty and not learn.
Some of you really need to get some manners.

ridenby

Pipe down.
If you want to spend $289 for a new one or $150 for an old one thats great.
I am going to do it for $59.
You can play nice and i'll show you how or you can be nasty and not learn.
Some of you really need to get some manners.
I for one am interested in your results.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Enough demanding and rudeness.

Find them on your own, share if you choose or keep it to yourself...

charlietango

Ordered one of those a few years back and it’s been flawless. What’s the big issue here? Lots of new pumps available. Pay to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ridenby

Ordered one of those a few years back and it’s been flawless. What’s the big issue here? Lots of new pumps available. Pay to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My issue had been finding any in stock.
As an update I ordered from Equipment Sales. Received part in two days and it looks nice. Will update further when I get around to installing.

milradioman

"Since I just bought it this moment, it will take a week or so before i lay hands on it and attempt the swap.
If successful, it would be a relatively cheap and plentiful way to fix our 6.2 vacuum pumps."
Any updates on this project? Did the swap work?

80sturgisrider

If all else fails, the "pod" part of the pump is interchangeable with ford part number 95010139. The application is a 97 Ford F250 with powerstroke. Not only is this part available, its fairly cheap too.

rsh4364

Thank you for the information, I was currently looking at the Ford vacuum pump pods as I just used my back up pump. Saves me a trip to the enemy ford diesel camp. Lol, ,they do respect my 6.2 but enjoy picking on it.

Last edited:

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
jegs.com is talking orders for the Delphi unit.

They have a estimated ship date of 1/2019!!

cucvrus

https://www.autozone.com/engine-man...lphi-vacuum-pump/453114_0_30433_160118_188959

Same pump Autozone used to stock. Last one I bought was an import with the Delphi label. It's a world market everything is made everywhere. I bought new radiator isolators cushions from the Chevrolet parts department for a CUCV in the late 90's. They were made in China. Any who the unit at Autozone is NOT available either. I would think the POD change would be the ticket if you need one now. I have one new GM one and if you put your finger over the plugged end it will not turn over. I am confident it is good. A used one will work also. It is a 5 minute item to change. 1 bolt. Don't forget to set the timing on it. ;). I was told that once by an ex army mechanic. Same guy said he changed the spark plugs and wires that are inside the steel lines that run to each cylinder. Silicone and lots of it he said. Right on. :0

https://www.autozone.com/external-engine/fuel-pump/delphi-fuel-pump/453351_0?_requestid=148319
Also found this. 1 year warranty. If it were lifetime I would be all over it.

Last edited:

MarcusOReallyus

Don't forget to set the timing on it. ;). I was told that once by an ex army mechanic. Same guy said he changed the spark plugs and wires that are inside the steel lines that run to each cylinder. Silicone and lots of it he said. Right on. :0

I've met that guy many times. He's not always an ex army mechanic, though. Often he's a pilot (usually fighter AND attack helicopter AND B1 bomber AND A-10), or a firearms expert and martial arts instructor, or Special Forces, and can't talk about where he's been or what what outfit he was in, not even where he took Basic Training. Top Secret, you know.

Sometimes he's all of the above.

cucvrus

I am in search of a vacuum pump. I am going to go the Ford route. I just had a transmission rebuilt in a salt spreader M1028. $1700. Not bad. The 2008 Chevrolet uplander van transmission cost $3629. to have replaced. It is cheaper then buying a used van. For the use it gets the shoe fits. Shuttling trucks 2 miles back and forth. 223K you do the math. Poor transmission case was worn out had a crack in the main case.

alpine44

Can this pump be used to actuate the civilian A/C controls? After just converting to a 700R4 tranny I do not need vacuum for the transmission anymore and adding A/C is the next item on my list.

Keith_J

Can this pump be used to actuate the civilian A/C controls? After just converting to a 700R4 tranny I do not need vacuum for the transmission anymore and adding A/C is the next item on my list.
Yes, vacuum from this pump will actuate HVAC controls. These use very little and the pump has sufficient capacity barring leaks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks