• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vacuum Pump Going Bad or Regulator Turned too far?

Zeus51

Working on my m1009. New vacuum hoses and trans vacuum modulator. I know there are a lot posts about vacuum pumps and how to troubleshoot ones that aren’t working. But what about sort of working?

I can only get a vacuum of 14-17 out of the vacuum pump by disconnecting the lower hose from the vacuum regulator valve at the IP and connecting that hose to a gauge that shows the 14-17 during engine idle. Isn’t it suppose to be 20?

Also, with the vacuum pump hose connected to the regulator valve, but a gauge connected to the regulator top port, I only get 4-5 on the gauge at engine idle?

Looking for opinions: vacuum pump going bad or the vacuum regulator valve turned too far in a direction OR…. Is all good in the hood? Just curious as to where to start and don’t want to waste my time.

87cr250r

How does it drive? If it's shifting hard you may need to do some adjusting/repair. If the shifting is correct you're good to go.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks