• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vacuum Pump Head

ssdvc

After several recommendations, I got a new vacuum pump from Amazon - (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001PHKH4...t_i_T17VX5ET8ZYD1YFNVCW1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1). Same exact pump head, but different drive mechanism.

Here is the issue (or maybe not). My current pump head has only two bolts holding it to the driveshaft going into the engine. The new one four bolts holding it to the drive it came with. I need to swap the heads out. Has anyone run into this and will the new, four bolt head work on my two bolt drive?

OldPump Head:

IMG_3403.JPG

New Pump Head:

IMG_3404.JPG

Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

ezgn

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After several recommendations, I got a new vacuum pump from Amazon - (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001PHKH4...t_i_T17VX5ET8ZYD1YFNVCW1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1). Same exact pump head, but different drive mechanism.

Here is the issue (or maybe not). My current pump head has only two bolts holding it to the driveshaft going into the engine. The new one four bolts holding it to the drive it came with. I need to swap the heads out. Has anyone run into this and will the new, four bolt head work on my two bolt drive?

OldPump Head:

View attachment 861640

New Pump Head:

View attachment 861641

Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Several members have used that pump head successfully. I would think that the drive shafts would all be the same. Squibbly, a member on this site, recently installed one. Try giving him a PM and see if he will help you out. Amazon has a Cardone 64-1200 remanufactured vacuum pump complete unit for $137.00 if you have to go that direction.

Last edited:

ssdvc

RGR That. I got the info from Squibbly and I did PM him early today, just waiting for a reply. Meanwhile, with pump in hand and ready to install, I was hoping others would chime in with their results of the 2 to 4 bolt swap.

ssdvc

OK, I got brave and pulled the vacuum pump off the motor. I then "tried" to remove the two bolts that hold the vacuum head to the shaft. One came off fairly easy, the other, not so much.

IMG_3406.JPGIMG_3405.JPG

After I pulled them apart, I noticed that the old vacuum head was also a 4 bolt design, so I felt better about my endeavor.

Anyway, everything went back together just fine and after I replaced the rubber vacuum lines, I noticed that I now have a significant increase in vacuum. Time to adjust the shift points for the trans again, as I am now shifting at 25mph (1st to 2nd) and 47mph (2nd to 3rd). No bueno !!

IMG_3408.JPG

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks