• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vacuum regulator valve replacement, time?

kallisti5

Due to some excessive oil leaking around the top of the oil fill pipe, I'm swapping the CDR valve and vented oil fill cap. (found both cheap, and need a quarantine project lol)

While poking around on my "ever increasing quest" to swap rotten rubber lines (34 years in the Texas heat seems to be their limit), I noticed the vacuum lines on my vacuum regulator valve are pretty badly rotten / cracked.

Is it worth swapping the vaccum regulator while i'm here? AC Delco parts are going pretty cheap on ebay atm:
(link removed by author. AC Delco 14057219 $29 USD)

I've had some weird shifting issues in the past (random hard shifts, delayed shifting)... so thinking this could be related?

IMG_20200321_172446.jpg

Thinking of pulling the intake manifold and replacing the low-pressure fuel lines too (they're rock hard)

Last edited:

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ummmmm...... you are most likely in trouble. It is against forum rules to post links to live auctions.