• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vacuum thing on IP in the way...

T_F_E

Hey everyone I am most of the way through my turbo project (using 6.5 parts) on my m1009. I just tryed to bolt the upper intake and my vacuum thing for the tranmission on the ip is in the way:x. Anyone have any suggestions?

Attachments

Last edited:

lavarok

that part that is hitting is what down shifts the transmission when you push the peadal to the floor
The vacuum regulator controls shift points based on RPM. It is not a kickdown switch.

You can loosen the two bolts holding it and rotate it. This may give you some clearance but will affect your shift points.

If you adjust for clearance and notice hard shifting after wards, you can add an adjustable modulator on the side of the tranny ( vs. non adjustable ) to adjust your shift points down.

Last edited:

lavarok

Almost any auto part store. All the replacement modulators I have bought have been adjustable, although I use the regulator ( the item which is in your way ) to adjust my shift points so I leave the modulators alone.

If you rotate the regulator as far forward as possible, you will end up with later shifting than you have now so the adjustable modulator can dial it back down if you dont like it. However, it may not be an issue so rotate it forward and try it out.

lavarok

No, you need vacuum and you want that regulator working. The modulator just gives you another point of control. The vac line leaves the regulator ( item you rotated ) and goes into the modulator which is mounted in the hole on the side of your transmission.

However, as I pointed out - you may not even need to mess with the modulator. Go test drive the truck and see how she shifts. Adjust the regulator back some ( since you have clearance ) if it shifts too hard. Use the modulator only if you can't dial it in via the regulator.

CUCV85

rock that regulator valave back toward the cab or forward toward front end. The modulator is a 2 min job. Back that little brass screw inside the modulator out a few turns 4 8 10 ! what ever you want. The more you back that brass screw out (flat tip screw driver) (small screw) The faster it will shift. Make sure you replace all the vacume lines on that truck, ours have all dry rotted and leak. Cheap hose and your finished.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks