• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vacuum tubing routing behind the dash

Johan1963

I've been through the manuals, but I can't find any information about how the vacuum tubing is routed behind the dash? Is it a rubber hose, steel line or both from where it comes through the firewall over to the windshield hollow bolt?

Thanks

John

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rubber hose from the windshield bolt, then thru the double rubber grommet with the speedo cable (If I remember rightly).

Redleg130

Ill grab pictures of mine under the dash when I have daylight since its cleared out, but it does enter from the engine compartment as G744 says, next to the speedometer cable, at least on mine
M37 Engine wiper tube.jpg

Johan1963

Thanks I would really appreciate it. I'm also interested how it was attached to the firewall, how many clamps and where. Mine was already torn out when I bought it.

John

ODAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I understand what your asking, it's the windshield wiper hose running from the metal line attached to the fuel pump. The line enters the firewall and crosses along the inside of the firewall (supported by clips attached to the firewall) and attaches to the windshield wiper hinge tube which goes through the left windshield pillar.

According to the ORD 9, pg 427 Part No. CC-1271729, it's a rubber hose OD 7/16, ID 7/32 (same as other wiper hoses) and 55 inches long.

Hope that helps.
John

ODAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here are a few photos that may help. The photos attached are in order starting with the outside firewall. As Redleg130 indicated, the vacuum line runs through a grommet to the inside of the firewall.

The other photos show the black hose vacuum line running from right (where the line enters the firewall) to the left side where the hose attaches to the metal tube running through the windshield pivot. As you may note, before disassembly the line in my truck was just kinda floating around where it was routed over various other cables and wires. Likely it had been replaced at some time since factory delivery.

There's a lot going on in the photos, but once you see the line entering the dash area, you should be able to follow it.

Attachments

Redleg130

grabbed some photos, ODAddicts are good illustrations but ill include mine as well.

Entrance of vacuum line behind air cleaner
vac1.jpg

Other side of the above, just inside the dash area, behind the glove box
vac2.jpg

the rubber line runs along the back of the dash on the firewall from passenger side to drivers side
vac3.jpg

On drivers side, it exits out metal line
vac4.jpg

and metal line comes out by the rear view and is connected to rubber line
vac5.jpg

then back in and around to the drivers wiper motor
vac6.jpg

and from there to the passenger motor
vac7.jpg

ODAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good photos, and the more, the better. I'm in the process of building up my cab after a total teardown.

I don't believe there is a stock routing diagram available, either for the vacuum system or the wiring behind the dash. These additional photos go a long way toward creating one. It seems that Redleg130's wiper vacuum line routing is nearly identical to mine. Thank you.

Johan1963

Thats what I was looking for. Thanks, I really appreciate it. it also shows me where the harness is clamped. I failed to take pictures when I tore mine apart.

Thanks,

John

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks