• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vacuum valve 'adapter' - What does it do?

KallyLC

Got a hard shifting issue so I took a look at my vacuum lines and found a couple of likely culprits, some rotten hoses and this thing that connects to the vacuum valve on the IP. But the question is, what is it?

1651145723839.png

The TM helpfully just lists it as 'adapter' and, the NSN turns up nothing.

1651145792891.png

Does it actually serve any kind of higher purpose, or is it simply just a fancy-looking adapter that can be deleted and the hoses plugged straight into the vacuum valve?

Thanks.

Last edited:

ezgn

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got a hard shifting issue so I took a look at my vacuum lines and found a couple of likely culprits, some rotten hoses and this thing that connects to the vacuum valve on the IP. But the question is, what is it?

View attachment 865954

The TM helpfully just lists it as 'adapter' and, the NSN turns up nothing.

View attachment 865955

Does it actually serve any kind of higher purpose, or is it simply just a fancy-looking adapter that can be deleted and the hoses plugged straight into the vacuum valve?

Thanks.
The part is obsolete. Delete it and plug the hoses onto the valve. I'm uncertain as to the function of the rubber connector, but they are not available, and bypassing it seems to work just fine.

Skinny

I think the hose diameter is smaller then the nipples in the valve. I remember doing something like using a short piece of a poly tubing the sleeve it. Could be wrong but I remember it wouldn't directly slide on.

ssdvc

I think the hose diameter is smaller then the nipples in the valve. I remember doing something like using a short piece of a poly tubing the sleeve it. Could be wrong but I remember it wouldn't directly slide on.
Yup, there are some diameter differences for the hoses and you may need to use a step up or step down fitting (depending on which hose you are working). I don't have that plug on mine and I am currently in the process of replacing all of the vacuum hoses and have run into size differences at each end of the connection. I am still experimenting with what sizes work best and where.

Skinny

Yup, there are some diameter differences for the hoses and you may need to use a step up or step down fitting (depending on which hose you are working). I don't have that plug on mine and I am currently in the process of replacing all of the vacuum hoses and have run into size differences at each end of the connection. I am still experimenting with what sizes work best and where.
I think I actually threw in some fabricated hoses with the valves I sent you. I remember using blue poly fuel line for like small engine or power sport stuff. Fit perfect.

ssdvc

Yup, kept the hoses. But as long as I am mucking around under the hood, I figured I'd replace some of the older stuff. I am going to reuse that blue poly though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks