• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Value? 1967 M51 Dump Truck

rickdavis81

Been kicking around the idea of selling my M51 dump. I bought it to use for hauling dirt and rocks when building our house, well atleast that’s what I told the wife. I really like it and have spent a ton of time getting it in usable shape but think I’d have more fun playing with a cargo style deuce or 5 ton, possibly bobbed.
It’s a 67 Multi-Fuel. Tires are great shape 395’s, everything works, lots of new stuff. Runs great. Any idea where to start on an asking price if I do sell?

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
I’d give you a few papa johns coupons, $2000, some pocket lint and a big high five?

In all seriousness, nice truck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I concur with Rich (Ajax MD). Get yourself the troop seat kit (it comes with the troop seats, bows, and cargo cover) and then you have a dump and a cargo truck all in one! I have one more troop seat kit. Send me a PM if interested.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know where there is a running, stopping, driving deuce, even regisetered as historic here in Ca, for sale. If youare looking for a project, PM me.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I realize that. Maybe Simp will be taking a load this way, he could bring it back to your neck o the woods! :)

fasttruck

Big trucks usually don't command the value of Jeeps because fewer people have the space to store one or the tools and inclination to maintain one. I recently bought a M818WOW and a companion M871A2 trailer for about half of what a lot of people ask for a reasonably turned out jeep.

Attachments

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hope 5k. Hate to know how much I have spent on it lol
Way more than $5k.

Significantly less than an m929, slightly less than an M817.

But the fact that it's a functional dump truck adds real world useability and significant value.

Judging from the pics, it looks like you've done a really nice job restoring it. I'd call it $10-12k.

I'd also consider it preferable to a cargo truck. I second the idea of getting the troopseat and cargo cover setup and have the best of both worlds.

Ajax MD

Looking back, I would have appreciated a dumper with the cargo top/troop seats for the shorter wheelbase.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks