• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Value of a M820A1 Bed

Blind Driver

I found a M820A1, but I'm not sure if I want to use the expandable box for a camper. It's the A1 windowless version.

Just curious what a general value might be.

Bighurt

Condition is a huge proponent of value.

In the end value is what someone is willing to pay, and that particular item is not easy to ship.

Blind Driver

What is your end use plan of the vehicle if you might wanta get rid of box?
I'm not sure. I want something to tinker with this year. Make it my daily driver ;)
I found two trucks for sale. I think the other one is a M52, but it's just a cargo truck. I was thinking about selling the box to recoup some money from the purchase, but I'm doubting if it's worth much and it'll be tough to find a local buyer. Heck...I might wind up with both [thumbzup]

I'm up to 500 gallons of WMO. Fuel costs are not a problem.

timothy11

Banned
Im looking for a 820 not worried about box condition. Need it for wheelbase and chassis. If you get it but wanta trade for a diffrent style 809 series let me know. Or if you dont pass me the info please. Hate to see a useful long chassis cut up.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't think you will easily sell the van body. I am sure there is someone out there looking for one, but finding that guy will be difficult. Just my $.02...

Sirblissfull

IF the pulley system is working correctly one person can set it up with some difficulty.

Trust me I own 2.

IF the pulley system is even slightly off and I mean as in 1 cable off the tracks it is a royal PITA. It is a 17 foot long 8 foot wide box with an over cab section you do not need to expand it to have plenty of room for up to 4 people to rough it easily. A set of folding cots and some camping gear work great.

Wish my wife would have settled for leaving it at that.