• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Value of M35?

linesplice

What do you guys think a good price for a good running M35A2 is? I'm just thinking average price, since I know options like a cab heater, air shift, turbo diesel, and hard top drive up the price. So, what would be a good price for an M35 with average miles in good condition be... or at least a range to expect. I saw on government liquidators a few that ranged in price from $1800 to $5000. What do you think? I know someone local trying to sell theirs for $7000 as well (it's a bare-bones version to boot). What's fair market value?

Deuceswild

Linesplice,

Paid 6,700 for mine 2 1/2 yrs ago from http://www.oshkoshequipment.com/

Had NOS hardtop, Winch, Airshift, Non turbo Multifuel w/ 34,000 miles, No heater, New windshields, New brakes & Wheel bearings. Tires at 80%, Drivers spring seat, and was freshly painted 383 gillespe green.
Have since done alot of modifications.

Jeff.

Katch1

Bare bones or not condition is key. I would rather buy a basic truck in excellent shape and add the components I wanted. The other thing I took into account was the cost of getting it home, that excluded a lot of trucks for me. But after saying all that at $7000 they are twords the top of the price scale

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Personally, I think alot of people selling their trucks expect more than they are really worth. Probably has something to do with the surplus equipment companys charging an arm and a leg. The best way to get real world value is to watch them on Ebay and see what they sell for based on equipment and condition. But if there is a shortage of them for sale in your area that drives up the price, factor in driving/shipping expenses. The truck you describe I would say is overpriced. I have seen very nice trucks with winches, hardtops, cargo covers etc. sell for around $5k on average and they are very nice trucks. I would value my truck at $3000-$3500 realistically which is in perfect mechanical condition, with winch, soft top, troop seats, and its rust free.The body has some dents/dings. Thats just my 2cents . Hopefully I did not offend anyone trying to sell their Duece.

Hookin1

My experience is that it's only worth what the person buying it is willing to pay whoever it might be........buisnesses will buy them at 10 and 20 grand without the blink of an eye... me personally, i would like to think mine is worth about $4,000 with winch,hardtop,heater cargo cover,and convoy lights.but it only had the heater and hardtop when i got it.I would like to think a basic non-winch duece with hardtop and heater and troopseats,without cover and extra stuff would be about $2500.. 2cents ...i know you here people say that these trucks are getting hard to find....but i know that the gaurd in indiana still has there whole fleet made up of these trucks,that won't be turned in until the state decides to upgrade them to newer vehicles....just in evansville at the 163rd artillery they have about 50 of these trucks....also the gaurd and army are still using these trucks in Iraq,Afganastan,Germany,and just about every where else...as for the fact that they are still not real pleased with the vehicles that are taking the dueces place...

jh1990

my dad bought one a few months ago for a little over $2000 with tax and what not. it has some body rust, not much, seeing as a 16 year old (me) could fix it, but it was drained of ALL fluids, so put fuel, oil and batts and she fired right up. it has brakes, not the best ever but she stops. one major problem with ours is that the canvas cab cover has a massive hole over both seats and most of the cab. it costed us $400 to truck it down from chambersburg, Pa to leola, Pa. hope that helps.

derby

I was at an auction saturday.there were three trucks ,one five ton dump(poor shape, gas)$1600.one deuce dump deisel very nice except the dump box was toast$1900.one deuce complete no box$ 900 rough shape gas.all had winches.

67Beast

I bought mine for $ 1000 last year. It was in great mechanical shape but the body had been beat. Looked like this;

$ 1500 in new parts and accesories and 6 weeks of elbow grease got me to this:

I would like to believe that if I sold it I could get $ 4000 - $ 5000 out of it. :?

rdixiemiller

I paid 3K$ for mine. Nearly new vinyl soft top, turbo, heater, spring drivers seat, seat belts, full set of 1100 radials and flipped hubs, jack, air hose setup. Decent 383 CARC.
Had to put a battery on within a month, other than that, no problems.
I have seen them for about a grand, and as much as $6500. A lot depends on location, they are more common in some areas. In Ga., looks like 2500-3000 is about fair for a decent cargo truck. Hardtops and winches add to the value. Tire condition is important, as is overall body.
As always, they always seem to be cheaper many miles (Bucks!!) away.