• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

value of restored original MB vs. restored MB with repro body

Amer-team

How about a different classification and perhaps this gets away from the original hypothesis, but, Original, Restored, and Reproduction. There may be carry over in all those categories. My 42 GPW has a few repairs to the body and whatever parts it takes to keep it running. It is a restored model and left as original as possible, but it is restored and not original. My 53 M38A1 is Original, non restored with only those normal maintenance parts replaced such as tires, brakes, hoses, and fluids. As mentioned in one of the other posts, it has the Military upgrades to make it Vietnam ready, but all this was done during its military service. I still consider it to be an original non restored example. One of the guys in our group has a beautiful restored M38A1C, but it is restored and not original. That doesn't take away from the quality of the work that this man put into it.

I keep looking at my storage area and the fairly decent 43 GPW frame and running gear. One of these days it will probably be getting an MD Juan body and it will still be fun to drive on a sunny day.

Bottom line, enjoy it how you want it and how it works for you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks