• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Value of truck question

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unimog

Would it be irony or coincidence that I went to a car show in my deuce tonight and saw a real nice Unimog?

Are you going to upgrade your membership so you can list it on Steel Soldiers in the classifieds here or can you find a sale for it locally?

My barn's a little full but I'm going to send you a PM for contact info.

P7311234.jpgP7311236.jpg

sluggish

Been dragging my heels on this but yes I would like to upgrade my membership so I can get it listed here instead of just auto trader and kijiji. How do I upgrade?

Just saw the upgrade button.:oops: Upgraded, now I assume I have to wait for it to get approved or something, Will have it listed here once that is done.

Last edited:

sluggish

Okay, gotta share one of my dumbest moments related to mechanical things. Went today with my impact and decided to give that brake fluid cap another go. Right away it starts turning, but keeps turning and doesn't come off. Uh oh, now what have I done. Feeling a bit frustrated and annoyed at the floor mat that keeps getting in my way, I toss the mat out onto the ground. Well lo and behold, what is that other hole in the floor. Oh my, that's the actual brake fluid fill, and it comes off easily with a simple ratchet and socket. Turns out I had been trying to remove one of the cab mounts all along. Originally I had just rolled back the mat and saw what looked like the plug, with its nice rubber gasket. Had I been thinking at all, I would have taken the mat out and saw the actual fill port, which is, obviously, more in line with the brake pedal. Felt like a complete idiot but had to laugh at the same time.

Anyhow, brake fluid topped off, fired up the truck and took it for a much safer drive, with brakes, which work well,(as well as I would expect anyway) and truck is mobile. Air compressor builds up pressure, don't hear any air leaks, and when you pump the brakes enough times to drop the pressure, the alarm comes on and then builds up pressure again and away we go. Still wouldn't be a bad idea to pull the wheels off and check wheel cylinders and such, since that fluid did go somewhere at some point, to become low in the first place.

I'm sure my buddies will never let me hear the end of this.

Now to figure out how these **** light switches work. I'm thinking I must have a wire off or a blown fuse as none of the lights work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks