• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

valve cover studs

drlogistics

I sent my GMC head to a machine shop for a valve job. I neglected to remove the studs that hold down the valve cover and when it was returned to me they were gone. They claim they were broken when they were milling the head because it was warped. Needless to say I will never use that machine shop again and I am very nervous about the valve job they did. Either way, I need to replace those studs and I am having a hard time finding them. Help please. Thanks in advance.

scoutmanadam

If you still have one laying around for reference, any commercial bolt supplier will have them. you could also use some all thread to measure stud depth in the head and ad the additional length needed to meet up with the cover

drlogistics

The only studs that I could find that were a close match had to be purchased in a set of 10. No way I was gonna pay $60 plus for 2 studs. So I welded a 1 inch 3/8-24 bolt onto a 3 1/4 inch 3/8-16 bolt. It works great. Cost was about $2. I'll post up a pic tomorrow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks