• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Valve cover TSM Q

rcamacho

Both are leaking and appear to be using RTV.
TSM calls for removal of injector lines and manifold to service. I was hoping to avoid manifold removal. Possible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cwajciec

Both are leaking and appear to be using RTV.
TSM calls for removal of injector lines and manifold to service. I was hoping to avoid manifold removal. Possible?

I did the passenger side by just removing the injector lines and bending them up and out of the way. Various hoses had to leave too.
The stamped steel cover was bent so I took some time to hammer it straight before RTV went on. Worked perfectly. I think the drivers side would be easier.

Attachments

Last edited:

rcamacho

I did the passenger side by just removing the injector lines and bending them up and out of the way. Various hoses had to leave too.
The stamped steel cover was bent so I took some time to hammer it straight before RTV went on. Worked perfectly. I think the drivers side would be easier.
Thanks. I hear bending the injector lines is a bad idea. Any issues with IP afterwards?

cwajciec

Nah you don’t need to bend much. Think like tweaking brake line a bit. Just don’t kink it.

Whole Les thing took me an hour for 1 side. Used blue rtv cause I had it but the black stuff would be better.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks