• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Valve lapping

johnray13

I have a 6.5kw 2 cylinder air cooled onan nhd. The manual states not to lap the interference valves (45° seat angle and 44° valve angle)

Is there any harm to lapping them and whats the reason? I noticed older manuals for this same block only suggest avoiding lapping rather than stating flat out not to do it.

John

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
there is simply no reason to lap, nothing to be gained. you can use prussian blue to confirm the fit, that is all you need.

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Phil 2968 is correct. Lapping could destroy the interference valve angle. Checking contact with Prussian Blue as M-35tom says will tell you how the fit is.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks