• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

valve seals

FreightTrain

Banned
Can the valve seals be replaced with the heads on the engine?I think mine are shot.Getting quite a bit of oil out the exhaust.Truck sat for 3 years so I think they may have hardened or maybe some rust formed on the stems and cut the old seals.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Never done it on a multi, but, done it on alot of B's, C's, M11's and N14's. Just make sure the piston for the cylinder that you're working on is at TDC so when you pull the seal off, the valve won't drop into the cylinder.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I've done this on plenty of gas engines, using an air hose screwed into the spark plug hole, running the piston down to BDC and then pressurizing the cylinder so the valves can't fall.

Does such a tool exist to pressurize a diesel cylinder, via the injector hole?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If there were a compression tester for this engine, you might be able to put air back the other way through it.

houdel

It should be simple enough to make a tool up out of an old injector. Disassemble the the old injector, remove the springs and rod and reassemble. Screw a QD fitting into the fuel line inlet and you should be good to go. Just be careful taking the old injector apart, those springs are under a lot of pressure, it takes about 3000 PSI working against those springs to get the injector to pop off!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks