• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Valve stems

HoustonDeuce

So after 1.5 hrs of searching for a readily available and inexpensive valve stem replacement for the FMTV and other wheels and coming up empty handed. Ive decided to create a new thread allowing those who have sources for them to post up their findings. Lets try to make this the end all be all thread for ALL valve stems with part numbers handy.

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Myers Tire Supply, online ordering, looks like the Houston store off Washington has closed.

treeguy

Hi Houston, I can supply the valve stems that you are looking for. I have not chimed in about this because my listing probably belongs in the classifieds but I haven't gotten that far yet. The valve stems that I use are the original FMTV units. What I do is remove all the CTIS equipment and leave the valve stem in the rim. Now at this point you can insert a regular Schrader valve into the end of the brass tube. As a cap I use 1-1/2" long vinyl (rubberish) caps that are typically used as thread protectors. I don't want to get into trouble for the cross posting and belonging in the classifieds section, but I also can supply all the parts needed to do the FMTV to Deuce rim conversion. (but not the plates, see other members for that).

Attachments

Last edited:

HoustonDeuce

From eastern surplus website:

Valve stems for 2 piece rims- these will fit HEMMTT/900 Series/M35A3 single tire wheels - New $12.00 each

Valve stems – as shown- NSN 2640-01-354-9424 - Part # 1268 $7.00

HoustonDeuce

I found these photos from patracy's install thread on Recentered HEMTT wheels. A member by the name of "KBarrell" welded these wheels and included those valve stems with the wheels. I dropped him a PM searching for some more info on them but it appears he has not been active in over two months. If anyone recognizes them please feel free to chime in

658 (Large).jpgvalve stem.jpg657 (Large).jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks