• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Varnish/Stain for Fuels?

tgtaylor64

A friend who does custom wood flooring has a 55 gallon drum of used varnish and stain (i.e., Minwood, etc.). Can this be cut and burned in a M1009 6.2L engine? I have been running UVO and UMO for over a year with no problems. We were talking yesterday and he just mentioned it. I told him I would present it to the high council....

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I see this plugging up things with a build up over time, and a constant filter problem

A

A/C Cages

No, No, and did I mention, NO
Serious buildups even if diluted.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I am assuming this is his waste barrel where he dumps all of his hazardous waste from cleaning brushes or spray guns.

That stuff settles out and the bottom of the drum is prob a thick mass of crud. I have picked up drums where they had to cut the top off of the drum to get the stuff out (we had a drum recycling plant also).

When I was hauling that stuff it cost about 800 bucks to get a 55 gallon drum disposed of. He may be trying to palm it off on you to avoid paying the disposal fee.

If the EPA catches him (or you) disposing of that stuff improperly the fines will negate any money you might save on fuel. South Carolina has it's own state version of the EPA and they are tough.

Environmental issues aside you would have to filter it down to .5 microns to get all of the gunk out...and then it would prob be too hot for the CUCV engine.

I experimented with recycled laquer thinner (I could buy it for less than 2 bucks a gallon from my former employer) mixed with UMO and it worked in a deuce.....it does stink to high heaven and you have to cut it at least 75% UM0 to avoid damaging rubber parts in the fuel system.

Sometimes it is a good idea to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Just my 2 cents.......you milage may vary.