• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vehicle Carriers

10thMtn

Hello All,

New to the site as well as to the hobby. I am finalizing a deal on an 86 M1009, My first pride and joy, (boy i hope i do not regret this )
I was wondering if you all had suggestions of what shipping company to use ?
I am baffled and bombarded with quoat after quoat, and I hear through the grapevine that this can either go painless , or can DRIVE a MAN nuts. Please if you have any input , or can suggest an affordible , trustworthy carrier, Let ME KNOW
The vehicle is going from NY to PA, around 400 Miles.
Thank You
10th MTN

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Welcome to the Green Iron Laughing Accademy:cookoo:

You can list it on USHIP or other shipping websites or try to find a vehicle transporter that moves vehicles for car dealers.

I used a "Hotshot Truck" (big dually pickup truck with gooseneck trailer) to move my first deuce.

If they have them in your neck of the woods you might try to get one of them to move it for a front haul or back haul.

Danger Ranger

Good luck with that, and welcome to the wacky world of MVs. Hope your recovery is a good one.:beer:

(I will point out you have 2 identical threads on this, and would you be so kind as to delete the other?)

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The price will depend on if the truck runs or not. Many shippers won't touch it if it doesn't drive.

Is it a GL truck or from an individual?

10thMtn

Thanks All. I do have a bid out on Uship, so far I see high numbers, which I dont feel is correct, but. ??? Yes the vehicle runs and if it were not for my schedule I would just go and get it myself. I will hang with the USHIP , the brokers seem to low ball a price , get you to buy in and when your load does not get picked up , the work you for more money??? Am I correct here ? Please advise ...

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is it at FT Drum? When do you need it off the base?

10thMtn

Well , end of the debate , Shes GONE , she slipped through my fingers , all because of shipping. Some days your the windshield , somedays your the bug. There will be others , and this gives me time to research more on vehicle shipping....
Thanks Guys for your input ...