• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vehicle drained

FrankUSMC

Guys. it is not GL. I have turned some very nice equipment into scrap before I could turn it in to DRMO. We turn in milling machines, presses, generators, if it has oil in it, the oil has to be drained. Some of us will unscrew an oil line to drain the oil out, some of the guys, will cut all the lines to drain the oils, and some will take a pick ax and punch holes in the tank.
Now, here is the $$ part, before I can turn in the equipment to DRMO, that oil that we just drained out, we have to pull a sample and have it tested! If test comes back that there was nothing in the milling machines oil that will kill a civilian, we can then turn in the equipment.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

3dAngus

With the auction over, post up the auction link and let us look at it. You'll get better ideas that way when someone had something to look at. Personal experiences with that particular model too.

Jeepsinker

I won five deuces out of RRAD recently. One had all fluids in good shape, one was two quarts low on motor oil, one had no coolant but all other fluids, one was two gallons of motor oil low and had a drained transfer case, and one had a drained engine and drained transfer case. CHECK ALL FLUIDS Regardless of whether some fluids have been drained or not. Just because the motor is full of oil and coolant doesn't mean that all other fluids are present. I learned this the hard way. Good thing I have an M936.

Hoefler

I won a fluids draine A3 out of Sparta. Truck arrived and looked like it was never used. It was missing drive shafts. I went for it as a parts truck, but it looked so good, I decided to fill it and run it.
Had blown head gasket but that was about it. Sold the truck to a kid who fixed the head gasket. Its now a reliable runner.
Pete

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks