• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vehicle history of my 923a2

1Sinner

Anyone know how to figure out the vehicle history/ deployment schedule for a 5 ton? Or if I have no paperwork or maintenance stuff there's no way to tell?

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found out the history of one of my deuces by contacting the unit that it was assigned to before being surplused. Of course this only works if you can read the military unit markings on the truck and if the unit still exists. I found out a lot of recent information on my deuce this way (~10 years), but on a ~50 year old truck, ancient history is likely lost since vehicles are commonly transferred.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found out the history of one of my deuces by contacting the unit that it was assigned to before being surplused. Of course this only works if you can read the military unit markings on the truck and if the unit still exists. I found out a lot of recent information on my deuce this way (~10 years), but on a ~50 year old truck, ancient history is likely lost since vehicles are commonly transferred.
I concur. My first deuce came out of NY. It served with the 77th Reserve Support Command. The soldiers who crewed the truck were stenciled on the windshields. I contacted the unit and spoke to someone who knew the three guys stenciled on the windshields. Pretty cool.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine only has a single marking left. It has "AF-11" stenciled on the lower right passenger windshield. No other marking or notes.
Unless the paint is so pristine that you don't want to disturb it, you may have to lightly sand down the rear bumperettes or the front bumper on either side to find the markings. Unless the truck was sandblasted, they are there under many layers of paint. In fact, you may even be able to track the whereabouts of the truck. I have seen where units simply paint over the previous markings and apply their own unit's markings.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks