• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vehicle ID

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Still would like to see a picture of the dataplate? I don't see the armor either, except for the deck plate and that was not really and armor package! Looks like it was set up to carry a lot of ammo? I see all the can racks. The dataplate will tell all! On the body right outside of the drivers seat bottom, where the door closes and meets the body!

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Still would like to see a picture of the dataplate? I don't see the armor either, except for the deck plate and that was not really and armor package! Looks like it was set up to carry a lot of ammo? I see all the can racks. The dataplate will tell all! On the body right outside of the drivers seat bottom, where the door closes and meets the body!
anyone can put on a new data plate with 4 rivets.
look closer at the pics for the 5/16 Phillips heads on the rocker Panals, as well as the footwell tub quarter panels...that's what's holds the armor on. There are 2 levels, basic and supplemental. Will also be on the inside on the sides of the fenders

Emf27

I will try to get a shot of the data plate on Wednesday.

Emf27

This data plate was on the passenger side. There appeared to have been a data plate on the driver side that was removed. I also included some closer pics of the sides as there seems to be some question about the armor. Obviously I came to the right place with my questions as it would appear you guys nailed it!

Attachments

darr3239

The last photo shows the reinforcement plate which is added along with the three point seat belts.

The driver's door data plate also has to come off when the seat belts are upgraded. It should have been riveted back on when the job was completed. You should find out where it went, since that's pretty much the only place you will find the serial number of the vehicle.

2w091

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but,
I'd be somewhat suspicious of how what appears to be an 1025/26 A1 ended up where it did with no data plate. Could it be parted together and sold as a 1025/26 A1?
I didn't think the USMC sold 6.5's in the late 90's sale, especially an A1. Is there something shady about this?

The data plate should have been on the inside of the drivers door frame, below the latch.

Last edited:

Emf27

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but,
I'd be somewhat suspicious of how what appears to be an 1025/26 A1 ended up where it did with no data plate. Could it be parted together and sold as a 1025/26 A1?
I didn't think the USMC sold 6.5's in the late 90's sale, especially an A1. Is there something shady about this?

The data plate should have been on the inside of the drivers door frame, below the latch.
I appreciate the concern. I know during the process of titling and vin processing it has been through the courts, highway patrol and department of revenue so I'm feeling confident everything is on the up and up :)

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
VIN is usually the Serial number of the truck which is on the Dataplate! I think EMF27 said this was titled! So someone must have the serial number?

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
PS: I know I would not be happy is I had bought a vehicle and the dataplate was missing! Even though it happens on older trucks, but a hummer should still have one! Guess you'll have to buy a blank and put in the info you have!

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is the VIN on? an actual Data Plate? or just scratched into the side?

For S&Gs... check the INTERIOR of the A-Pillar where your left leg/foot would be... is there an alpha-numeric set of 6 letters/numbers spray painted there?

Also, the front reminds me more of how an Army HMMWV would be bumper numbered while the back is more USMC style, but I thought they usually put it above the "AM GENERAL" on the tailgate. See if you can tell that the front set of numbers under the paint (get to an oblique angle to "see through" the spray paint) match the back set. If not, the hood wasn't with the slant back would be my conclusion.

Emf27

What is the VIN on? an actual Data Plate? or just scratched into the side?

For S&Gs... check the INTERIOR of the A-Pillar where your left leg/foot would be... is there an alpha-numeric set of 6 letters/numbers spray painted there?

Also, the front reminds me more of how an Army HMMWV would be bumper numbered while the back is more USMC style, but I thought they usually put it above the "AM GENERAL" on the tailgate. See if you can tell that the front set of numbers under the paint (get to an oblique angle to "see through" the spray paint) match the back set. If not, the hood wasn't with the slant back would be my conclusion.
The Vin is on a separate Vin plate, not on a data plate. I did not see anything on the A-Pillar. I will have to inspect the tailgate and hood closer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks