• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vehicle is not as described on Gov Planet

Tom Thumb

I bought a 925 A2 on Gov Planet and the tow truck driver found that it didn't have a 8.3L engine in it. He left it there. It does have a winch. The truck was in pretty bad shape. I was planning to part it out. I wanted the winch and engine for my 934.

Has anyone had this experience? What is GP likely to do?

MtnSnow

Contact them and most likely you can get a full refund since it was never taken possession of and does not have the motor that was listed (IE the ad for it showed a 8.3 engine?) if the pictures of the truck show a 8.3 then you have a good chance of getting a refund

Post the link to the truck you were trying to buy

Tom Thumb

Here's the link. It appears to show the 8.3 but there is no CTIS. I only paid 1500 for it. I'm hoping GP will give me another 825 A2 at that same price.

Item# 684881.

Last edited:

MtnSnow

The images show the shift tower & winch controls on a NHC-250 bulkhead mounting which would not be a 8.3 A2 truck but then they do have images showing a turbo and the IP for a 8.3 so I think they have images mixed up from 2 different trucks.....

Should be able to get them to at least refund/credit your account. If they have a like condition A2 truck of they might be willing to just swap

Last edited:

pmramsey

In my experience with GP, I was offered and I accepted a cash settlement when the same thing happened to me last year. However, I continued the pick up after discovering it did not have the engine as stated. However, one should act before the expiration of the Iron Clad Policy with is not very long. It gives one time to get the item home, inspect it and lodge a complaint and not much more. GP fell all over itself to resolve the issue. They returned to me $1500 on a $5100 sale for an M923A1 that did not have the advertised turbo. No need to say it guys. It was a good runner with no issues. :D

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Contact a service rep asap. I had the same issue just a couple months ago with a truck that was incorrectly listed. All it took was a phone call. I was given the option of a full refund or applying all money towards another truck in the next auction. Bid on and won a truck in the next auction and all money was applied to that truck with me paying the difference. Very easy experience and Harold at govplanet was a big hellp.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks