• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

vehicle security

As stated before I use a logging chain with a hd padlock that is bolted to the floor under the seat and to the steering wheel
NOW I know why that heavy chain is there sticking out from under the driver's side of the seat. It came that way from the service and I've just left the chain on the floor as a conversation piece. Guess I'll start using it.

ramcatdoc

Mine came with a heavy chain, too. No padlock, though.

I use The Club, which won't stop a professional, but keeps hooligans from messing with it. Since the windows aren't tinted, it's easy to see before they break in.

o1951

When I am in an area of concern, I put my civy gas engine truck in 4wd LOW, turn wheels sharply toward curb, activate a fuel cuttoff, and set parking brake. Then the steering wheel lock goes on brake pedal and wheel.

This means it won't start.
If they want to tow it, they have to find a way to remove steering wheel lock, turn ignition on so they can either turn front wheels straight for a rear end tow, and with ignition on, put it in neutral and depress brake pedal to shift it out of low range for a front end tow. Othewise, all 4 wheels are locked together in low range.

Scarecrow1

Just like davidkroberts said it is so very simple to install and hide a toggle switch to the ignition and all is well I used one for three years and never had to worry about my car being gone......

hankstrucks

Master switch is best for all military trucks period . For shows or busy bodies that climb into your trucks when your are not around. I had a friend come by when I was not around and he had his friend with him. Well his friend went into the truck and started it and to turn it off he pulled the emergency cut off instead of just turning it off. So it took me some time to realise what he had done and I was pissed off till this day thinking about it . I use a red boat master key that is removable near the battery box along with a chain for the steering wheel.
When my trucks sit I put. I put Scotch tape on the door or a match stick in it to see if any one has been snooping around. I found that it so simple and less worry.

135gmc

When I rebuilt my truck, I installed a regular master switch through the firewall. When I painted under there, it got a coat as well, so it blended in very well. With the usual glob of wiring under the dash, it is invisible.

19CUCV85

DISCLAIMER - based on the recent mod request to not post auction information please read --- this is in no way an attempt to disregard your ruling on this matter.. however there was no website to point to so the only way to get this information out is to paste the link to ebay.

Guys this might be the answer to our problem - this is a club type device for heavy equipment. it covers the support structure for the steering wheel as well as the steering ring. I looked for a website for this and did not find one related but felt this was important enough to risk being banned for it.. hopefully that will not be the case.. anyway take a look I'm going to get one for my truck http://www.ebay.com/itm/Backhoe-Loc...059842?pt=Backhoe_Loaders&hash=item3cc92ac002

19CUCV85

Azimuth

I just had an alarm installed, but not for the usual anti-theft scenario. It's for preventing someone from doing what happened to my deuce.
Someone climbed in, flipped the ignition lever to on and got the annoying buzzer, which sent him running. With the switch left on, it drained
both batteries, and neither could by charged to more than 75%, which wasn't enough to start it. Cha-ching, I had to buy 2 new batteries.
Your vehicle doesn't have to be stolen to cause you hardship and money to repair damage, or replace parts. I got a Python alarm, motion sensor only. Open the door 3" and the alarm sounds. It came with a remote fob that let's you know the alarm has been tripped.

o1951

, it drained
both batteries, and neither could by charged to more than 75%, which wasn't enough to start it. Cha-ching, I had to buy 2 new batteries. .
If the batteries were good, they can be restored to almost as good as before they got deep cycled by trickle charging with 1/2 wave rectifier at about 1-2 amps for days. Have to break down the sulphation. Cheap 1/2 wave rectifier charger works best. The brief spikes break down the sulphation without creating heat or boiling electrolyte like a good full wave can. I made a rectifier circuit from an old battery charger that I have used for many years with good results.

Below are commercial units that are more sophisticated, and probably do a better job.
In accordance with site policies, I eliminated links. You can Google this and find links and prices.

Battery Desulfators

The battery desulfation market has exploded over the last few years as new companies and technologies come to market armed with the latest research & maintenance techniques. The original battery rejuvenator desulfator technology was developed and patented by Canadus Technologies and sold to PulseTech in the late 1990's before being adopted by the US Military to condition, rejuvenate and restore new and old batteries alike. This frequency based pulse method is literally the most effective method available for ensuring lead-acid battery performance, increasing battery efficiency and reducing battery-related costs. Give us a call and we will walk you through the ins and outs of this amazing technology...we are your battery restoration experts!
Today, in addition to frequency based desulfation (PulseTech’s Xtreme Charger and VDC Electronics Battery MINDer), industry experts have developed additional reconditioning / desulfating / rejuvenating techniques centered on rapid voltage fluctuation and square wave technology. The Battery Life Saver, utilizing squarewave technology, is the most promising of these newer desulfation techniques. These high frequency industrial grade on board desulfators are a must have for forklifts, golf cars, and scissor lifts. The multitude of rapid voltage fluctuation methods, although not as effective as true frequency square wave methods, still represent a huge leap forward when compared to traditional battery maintenance standards established decades ago. Canadus now uses both voltage modulation along with high

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks