• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vent Valve On Carrier Inspection Plate?

OldSalt

FNG with a question regarding what appears to be a vent valve on my rear axle carrier assembly inspection plate which is seeping gear oil. I have searched all of my tech manuals and do not see any depictions of this cover with a vent valve. My question is two part: 1) Should this plate have a vent valve? 2) Would it be seeping because of the differential having been overfilled, or because of a deeper problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Srjeeper

It's OK

Probably just a bit overfull. The deuce does not like to have it's tranny, transfer case, or rears Overfull.

They seep, leak, weep, if your lucky and blow seals if your not. Keep them all one knuckle below the fill hole.

Take all those vents off and 'clean them in some solvent' to make sure they're clean & workin and you'll be good to go.

[thumbzup]

OldSalt

Thanks Srjeeper, I just got 'er and I'll take care of that while I'm checking off all of the points on the lube order. I love tech manuals because I'd hate to miss a zerk fitting!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks