• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Verify year model ... want it right for next owner

Gov Junk

front.JPGcummins tag.jpgoil cooler tag.jpg
frame stamp.jpgid data plate.JPGPMP plate.JPG
I'm lucky enough to be able to get, the majority, of my olive drab fix thru my job ... fed surplus property w university. And because personally we have bought/sold a few of these old military vehicles, I understand the importance of getting them titled correctly for the next owner. (Hate for folks to be like the guy in CA trying to get title straightened out)

Anyway, just acquired a super nice M929A2 dump truck & the data plate does not have original delivery date stamped on there; only overhauled date 02-09 ... so trying to figure out exact year model for Certificate of Title. Yes, for the past several hours I've been doing searches here & reading the stickies ... I've seen a thread before listing serial# group with yr, but can't find it again.

Serial is 2901177, so know it is near end of the BMY run.
The oil cooler date of mfr 4/91 and then Cummins plate has Date of Mfg 19910412.
So I'm concluding 1991... sound right to yall?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks